CHAPTER TWENTY

The room was gigantic, this wasn't an understatement as the room seemed way bigger than the house had looked on the outside. It was spacious with sort of an old-timey feel with the furniture selection. Almost as is time had never touched it.

Several Noah, and from the looks of it new Exorcists, were scattered about and conversing amongst themselves. For once, there was no hostility present. A feat that was surely thanks to a certain boy. All in all, a happy vibe was given off the occupants. As Road lead them through the room, their presence was noted but mostly ignored. Up the grand staircase the trio went, questions eager to be free and answered but were silenced for the time being.

"This way." The girl had said before turning down the left hall. Her pace was moderate, calm. So that left Lavi a bit relieved. She seemed attached to Allen; if anything was wrong, she would no doubt be at a faster pace.

Silence was a constant between the trio, two with questions and one refusing to let any answers slip by. Dreams wasn't the one who could answer them, anyways. That was Destruction's task and his alone. Hopefully, it would go smoothly and they wouldn't press her Musician too much. The last thing they needed was him pushed into an unstable state of mind, especially since it had taken them two months to get him somewhat sane again.

After what felt like hours, but was really only five minutes, they reached a black door. Before Bookman could comment on the color choice, it opened on it's own and revealed the master bedroom. A king-sized bed was in the center of the room, pushed against the wall. A dresser stood against the right wall, a vanity and stool next to it. Across the room was a bay window, seat adorned with cushions and pillows. The room differed from the door; everything was white.

"Allen?" Road said quietly, golden hues studying Allen from his perch at the window. "I brought them. Should I get Tyki?"

Lavi waited, rather impatiently mind you, for his friend to speak, to move. It had been too long since he had last seen the other look so peaceful and himself. From the corner of his eye, the redhead could tell Bookman was very slowly running out of patience.

"Bring Wisely as well. Please?" Was the soft response they had been waiting for.

A small smile graced Road's lips as she gave a nod. "You got it."

With that, she excused herself from the room and left, door shutting behind her. The two took that as a sign to cross the room. Before they could grab themselves some seats, however, they just...appeared to the surprise of both Exorcists.

A quiet chuckle shook them out of their stupor and snatched their attention. Allen covered his mouth as he calmed down. "Sorry, I forgot that you didn't know. Have a seat, we have a lot to catch up on."

Lavi could feel the weight on his last statement and silently wondered just what had gone down with his friend.

But did he truthfully want to know?