16

A Few Months Later

'Is your sister like an adrenaline junkie now?'- Jessica.

I was confused by her text.

'What do you mean?'- Ariana

I texted her.

'Welllll, she just jumped on the back of some random losers motorcycle.'- Jessica

What the Bella. What in god's name has gotten into you?

'Text me if she comes back.'- Ariana

'Okay.'- Jessica

I set my phone down and anxiously set down my phone and waited for Jessica to text me.

Soon after I got a text from her saying Bella was fine but crazy. Oh great.

-

"Hey Jake what's up?" I ask him over the phone.

"Well I was wandering if you wanted to hang out with me and Bella. I'm working on these bikes for her and thought it be cool if you come help me?" He said with hope in his voice. I contemplated for a moment.

"I can't do any thing that involves fixing anything like that and you know that." I stated.

"That may me true but doesn't me we can't hang out."

True.

"Fine I'll swing by." I stated.

Did I forget to mention I can drive now? I didn't? Do you know why? Because I still can't drive and dad isn't here so I have no ride there. Then an idea popped in my head. I went on my phone and pressed the name I was looking for.

"Hellooooo?" The voice said.

"Hey Quil." I said. "You busy?" I ask him.

"Embry and I are heading over to Jake's. Miss me? ;

I roll my eyes.

"As if. Anyways do you mind picking me up and taking me over there?"

"Yea, sure, sure." He responded. I smile.

"Thanks Quil."

"Yea, yea see you soon." He responded before hanging up. I grab my hoodie and pulled it over my head and waited in my room until I heard a honk. I sprung up from my bed. I ran down the stairs and walked out the front door.

"Come on loser" Embry called from the passenger's seat. I rolled my eyes and sat in the back of the car.

-

"Yo, Jake, you in there?" Quil asked as he, Embry and I walked into the shed.

"It's okay. It's just my boys." Jake tells Bella who looks uncomfortable.

"Hey Jake." Quil said.

"Hey guy's this is Bella." Jake introduced Bells. "Bella that's Quil and Embry.

"Hi." She said.

"I'm Quil Atera." Quil introduced himself. "So the bike building story is true."

"Oh, yeah, yeah, I taught him everything he knows." She lied.

"What about the part where Ariana is his girlfriend?" Quil asked. I felt myself lightly blush.

"Um, we're friends." I said.

"Ooh. Burn." Embry said laughing along with Quil.

"Actually, remember I said she's a girl and a friend." Jake said awkwardly.

"Embry, do you remember him making that distinction?" Quil asked Embry.

"Nope." Embry said. I lightly chuckle and noticed a light shade of pink tinted on Jakes face.

"So you guys have girlfriends? That's awesome." Bella stated. Jake and I laughed.

"Yeah, right. Quil's actually taking his cousin to prom." Jake said.

"Yea and it's still a riot. You want funny, Black? I'll give you funny." Quil said before he and Jake started wrestling. I chuckled.

"I got five bucks on Quil." Embry said as we came to stand next to Bella.

"Your on." Bella and I said at the same time.

-

Bella has been getting more busy with work so I chill with Jake more if that's even possible as he works on the bikes for Bella.

A couple weeks has past and the bikes were about done.

"So, Quil keeps asking to come over. I think he likes you a little too much." Jake stated as we exited the barn/shed whatever you'd like to call it.

"Oh?" I said. "I'm not really into him." I told him as we walked to Bella's truck. She let me borrow it because the bikes are done and Jake and I going for a test drive.

"Who are you into?" Jake asked. I shrug.

-

"Is that Sam Uley?" I ask Jake pointing at the cliff where a group of guys were.

"Yeah. Him and his cult." Jake said. I saw them push someone off.

"Oh my god" I exclaimed as I watched in horror. Jake stopped the truck and laughed.

"They're not really fighting, Ari. They're cliff diving. Scary as hell, but a total rush."

"Really?"

"Most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples." I look over at him.

"You have some kind of beef with him or something?" I ask him.

"I don't know." he said honestly. " They just think they run this place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids." I lightly chuckle. "Now look at him?"

"That's Embry?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah."

"What happened to him?"

"He missed some school. Now all of a sudden, he started following Sam around like a little puppy. Same thing happened with Paul and Jared. Sam keeps giving me this look, like he's waiting for me or something. It's kind of starting to freak me out."

"Well, you should just avoid him." I say.

"I try."

-

I sat on the seat of the bike.

"Brake?" I put my hand on it. "clutch?" I put my other hand on it. "Good. Gas?" I flipped the red switch. "Okay. I think your ready." He stated. He turned to the black bike as I was on the silver one. He moved the bike next to mine and mounted onto it.

"Now slowly release the clutch."

And I did just that. He followed right behind me as we sped down the dirt path.

_________________________

Hope you liked it.

Vote/Comment