How to Fall in Love (11)

Copyright © 2013 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

     All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author. 

Short Note:

Hey, lovelies! I'm so sorry for being so MIA these days. (Did you see it?)

This chapter, along with select chapters after it, will act like a maze—it's dark, it's closing in on you, it's winding and meandering and disconcerting. It's perfectly normal to feel lost; and if you do, know that you're not alone. When I was writing this, I got lost a lot of times too—Mia's a character who does a lot of subtle analyses; she conjures up sentences that while may not mean anything on the surface, actually contain subliminal messages that you have to deduce before you can find. Only those with a thirst for a challenge and a knack for reading between the lines can survive this maze.

Are you one of them?

                                                         ❀❃❀❃❀

                                             c h a p t e r  e l e v e n

                                           [  h o w  t o  l o s e  h i m  ]

             I kept wondering what it would be like staying at a higher ground, whether or not it would be to my pleasure looking down at everything below, or in the uptake learn numerous things from the experience. As I was perched on the first row of chairs before the railing that separated the balcony from one's ability to walk through and fall right into the lobby, the question why I was feeling this way swirling in my head, I learned the answer.

            I was starving.

           We arrived at Attraction at quarter to two in the afternoon, our stomachs empty. It was now two-thirty, and the event still hadn't started.

            I prepared myself as I watched the host of the event walk back up the stage, adjusting the microphone to his level. "Good afternoon, everyone! I know how you must be feeling. We're all anticipating Denisse Linares, the worldwide cellist and feature of this event, but unfortunately, she'll be delayed just a little more." Before the audience could react, before I could chunk the closest metal right to his face because my stomach said so, he continued. "She apologizes for the wait, but she would like to assure you that the event will start at three-thirty sharp. She would like to thank you for your patience. Until then."

            The moment the spotlight dropped from the podium as the host walked back to his righteous seat, I paid heed to my hunger. "That's it? They made us wait for an hour, only to tell us that we have to wait for one more? I'm starving!"

            Finn, who was still beside me but who, unlike me, seemed apparently unaffected by the horrendous news, cringed at my voice. "Okay, okay, I get it." Then he stood up, still facing me. "There's a lounge downstairs. Let's go together."

            I immediately softened, my stomach humming more softly. I stood up, too. "Okay." And then my abdomen struck me, my hand flying to it. "But I – I think I have to go to the washroom first."