How to Fall in Love (36)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Long time no talk! [waves ecstatically] How have you been?

I have a surprise for you in this chapter. You'll know what as you read. ;)

@stereohearted made the beaut cover in the external link. Thanks! Listen to "Break Free" by Ariana Grande. Its lyrics mostly applies to Mia. ;)

Thank you so, so unbelievably much for reading HTFIL. I couldn't have asked for more! So sorry for the delay, but I hope this chapter is worth the wait! See you again soon? :)

Cookies x muffins x cupcakes

Myka \(◕‿◕✿)/

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  t h i r t y - s i x

[  h o w  t o  u n c l o a k  t h e  e v i l  ]

          To put it simply, Alex looked like he'd just swallowed a whole living frog.

Well, now that he'd swallowed it, I reckoned that the once living frog was now dead.

"It happened in Finn's office, didn't it?" I asked him. "On that Friday afternoon, when a lot of the morning shift has left and the grounds were busy whilst the upper floors were vacated, you—"

"There's the—"

"Let me finish," I interjected, just a little too sharply. "I saw the kiss, I saw everything, I heard everything. And I have to ask you this," I stopped, feeling my resentment colour my tone, "how can you bear having Artemis by your side when she used you?"

"We are not together," he snapped, sounding furious at the implication of my words, "and there is no way in hell I'm ever going to get together with her."

"So people just randomly kiss people?"

Alex's green orbs darkened a shade I hadn't seen before. "That's exactly what happened. That bitch kissed me. And she kissed me way back in front of Claudette for one stupid reason: money. She's a fucking gold digger that wants money."

My eyes were as colossal as the eight planets (plus the dwarf planet Pluto) combined, taken aback at how Alex just let out a string of malevolent curses in front of me. He was a human being. He was capable of swearing.

But moreover, I was more nonplussed than anything.

I waved my hand in a dismissive manner when Patrice, who was bringing up the bill of the table to the far left, sent me a questioning look—she didn't know Alex, didn't know that this was the guy who broke Claudette's heart. Just that she was asking if she needed to serve this guy, being a waitress and all.