Chapter sixteen

I had a nice Christmas despite the fact that I had my period at the time and I also had a lot of homework due to the fact that I was gone for half of the months. My parents bought me CDs, clothes, books, and a shirt for Mickey. I didn't ask for much because I didn't need anything important. I bought my friends matching bracelets which we all promised to wear everyday, I looked at my black bracelet that said my name in red.

I smiled at it but then I frowned when I saw my homework in front of me, I already finished my math, science and social studies, I just needed English and my Spanish homework to finish. I picked up the book we were reading in English class, million dollar baby. I quite enjoyed the book and how Maggie Fitzgerald fought so hard to get to where she was but it also sucked because of how she broke her neck. I stopped reading the chapter to answer one of the questions. It was funny because even though we are in the year 3006, we still read this old books.

I love it anyway. I read the question and it asks: what was my favorite quote? I tapped my pencil against my notebook and thought about it. My favorite quote? This was hard because I thought all of the quotes were good. But then a quote popped into my head and I wrote down when Maggie asked Frank if he was gonna leave her and he replied never.

The reason why I put that was because of how we need people like that. When things get hard, people just don't walk away, they have to stay. I don't understand as to why people leave. Were they afraid? To be committed to someone? Not just romantically but also friendship and family. Everyone needs someone to be there for them through thick and thin. I rubbed my eyes and got off my bed.

I decided to take a walk because my period is making me feel all emotional. I feel like I'm missing something and I don't know what it is. I walked down the stairs and saw Mickey sleeping on the kitchen floor so I let him sleep. I hollered to my mom that I was taking a walk, I grabbed my coat and scarf. I walked out of my house and down the steps.

It was cold and I exhaled. I saw my breathe in the wind and I giggled. Snow hadn't appear yet but I knew it was coming soon. I walked on the sidewalk to and kept going straight to get to park hope. I pressed the button so that the cars could stop, I waited for a minute and then the stoplight turned red. I walked across the street and made it to the park. I saw teenagers laughing and talking, I scanned around for a place to sit and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Jasper. Jasper was here, he was sitting beside the tree with a group of people and laughing. I smiled and walked over to him, he had his back to me and I tapped his shoulder. He turned his head and smiled when he saw me. His face was red from the cold and his eyes twinkled.

"Hey Mer!," He stood from where he was sitting and hugged me. I hugged him and giggled.

"Hi!," I cheerfully said. He pulled away from me and smiled. He gestured towards his friends.

"This are my friends Jack Heart and Bianca Storm," He gestured to his friends who smiled at me. A guy with shaggy brown hair stood up and held out his hand.

"Hey nice to meet you, as you know I'm Jack Heart," He says and I shook his hand. I smiled at him and spoke.

"Hi, I'm Emery Cain," I say and he smiled. A girl with blonde hair and tan skin came up to me and smiled.

"Hey! I'm Bianca Storm, I love your shirt!," She gushed and I looked down at my shirt. It was a red shirt with a black belt.

"Thank you," I say tucking my blonde hair back. They sat down and I sat down with them. Jack held out a notebook and pointed at it.

"Wanna help us plan?," He asked and my eyebrows burrowed together.

"Plan what?," I asked and he showed me the notebook. The title was the winter festival.

"We're planning the winter festival, wanna help?," Jasper asked. I looked up at him and he was smiling at me.

"I would love to," I say grinning. I spent the rest of the day helping them with the festival.

So I put these video up to describe how Emery is feeling and she's not British lol, it's just this video that I found to describe her! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please comment and vote!