Chapter twenty six

Jasper smiled at me. A big wide smile that reached his eyes and I would've laughed if this weren't a serious situation that we were in. I noticed that he was smiling with his eyes as he held my face and kissed me everywhere. My forehead, my nose, my cheeks, and then my lips. He kissed me softly on the lips and then he let go but his lips still lingered on mine. His hands were in my hair now and he pulled me closer. His eyes kept looking at my face as if he hasn't seen me in years. He finally spoke after awhile and I noticed that he had tears in his eyes.

"I can't believe it's you," He whispered as he smiled softly. He laughed softly and pressed his forehead against mine. He caressed my hair and hugged me. I slowly hugged him back and tears formed in my eyes. "I mean I've met you as a different person and I still-I still fell in love with you"

I pulled away from the hug to look at him with wide eyes. He had the same expression as me as he realized what he just said. He smiled again and he kissed me again. Then he laughed as he spun me around.

"I love you, Anastasia Grace Light!" he whispered in my ear. He placed me down as held me. He kept smiling at me but I pushed him away from me. He gave me a hurt look and I immediately regretted doing that. I placed my hands on his chest and he grabbed them.

"I'm sorry but we can't see each other anymore," I say softly. He furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

"What!? Why!? I just remembered you!" he exclaimed. I placed my hands on his face and placed my forehead against his.

"I know, I know but we can't see each other because I'm afraid that they're going to kill you because you found out about me," I whispered. He kissed my forehead and hugged me. He breathed in my scent and I did the same. He stroked my hair and gave me smile. I looked down but he gripped my chin and forced me to look at him. His eyes looked determined.

"That won't happen," He whispered and I sighed. I shook my head and he placed his hands on the side of my head. He pressed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. "I won't let that happen to us, we are not star crossed lovers, we're soulmates! I will fight for us!"

"You'll fight for us? For me?" I whispered to him. He nodded and tears formed in my eyes. I kissed him and he placed his hand against the back of my head, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him and I smiled while kissing him. I've missed him. I've missed like crazy and I didn't even know it. I broke apart from the kiss, our lips lingering. "I-I love you too"

He smiled at me and held my hand. His eyes shone happiness and he laughed softly. I did the same. I couldn't believe he remembered me. I tried to avoid him so he wouldn't be killed, but instead he fell in love with me all over again even when I was a different person. Why do people love me when all I do is cause pain?

I cause pain and I may kill them because of what I am and they still protect me. Defend me. Love me. When is it my turn? When is it my turn to have pain for what I am? My mother died because of me. My father died and never got a chance to meet me. My brother sacrificed his life just to take care of me. A boy fell in love with me knowing how hard it is to be with me. Why is everyone in pain but me?

"Are you okay? You're crying," He murmured as he brushed my tears away. I placed my head against his shoulder and I shook my head. He hugged me and shushed me. He rubbed my back and I squeezed my eyes shut. I couldn't stop crying. He whispered soothing things in my ear until I finally calmed down.

"How come I'm not in pain?" I whispered.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, his voice filled with shock.

"My mother died because of me! My father died in a tragic battle and he never met me! My brother had to give up everything for me! You fell in love with me knowing how being with me could kill you! When is it my turn?! When do I get to be punished for being what I am!" I shouted. Jasper told me to calm down and to keep my voice quiet. He made me sit down far away from friends and we sat by the tree where we used to sit. He stroked my hair and smiled softly at me.

"Tasie, you had your memories erased and you couldn't remember us for a year! That was punishment!" he said while holding my hand. I shook my head and brushed away my tears. I looked up at the sky. The sky that I always loved looking at, so beautiful, so wonderful. I placed my head against shoulder and he held me.

"I didn't deserve to have my memories erased! I deserved to be killed! Do you know how much pain I caused?" I whispered as Jasper engulfed me in a hug. He shushed me and held me into his arms. My whole body was on his lap as we both held each other. Jasper always some how made me feel better, just like Nate. They always made me feel better, they were always there for me. "I don't deserve you guys"

"Yes you do! You deserve to be happy! Okay, fine! I'll admit that there has been some pain but that wasn't any of your fault! The reason there was pain is because there is love involved too! We love you so much that we are willing to get ourselves hurt just to protect you!" Jasper said. Tears formed my eyes and I let go from the embrace. I smiled at him and he kissed me on the lips, he placed his hand on cheek and I sighed happily. He broke off the kiss and placed his forehead against mine. "Does Nathaniel know who you are?" I nodded and he stroked my cheek and whispered in my ear. "We'll fix this, I promise, I won't let anything bad happen to you"

"You know you're crazy for trying to protect me," I whispered but he just smiled at me and nodded. I smiled at him also and chuckled.

He pressed his lips against mine again and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips were wonderful, I smiled through the kiss. He laughed softly also and held me closer. He slid in his tongue and I moaned when he did that, he placed his hand through my hair and I moved my hands to hold onto his back. I bit his lip softly and he growled, he pressed my back against the tree, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I was so content with him, kissing him, loving him, being with him, I didn't want it to stop.

...

But then it did. Because someone called my name. Someone I knew and trusted. I broke off from the kiss and saw. . . Rachael. She looked shocked at our embrace, her mouth gaping. Jasper was still holding on to me, panting and his lips lingered on my neck as he leaned down, hiding his face from her. She stuttered as she tried to process what just happened. I awkwardly got out from the embrace and stood up and so did Jasper.

"Rachael," I breathed out. She crossed her arms expectedly and raised her eyebrows. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing would come out, I was panting from the kiss and my face was flushed. I tucked a hair behind my ear and looked down. Jasper placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a soft smile.

"I'll uh see you later, T-I mean Emery," He said as he walked away from me and waved at Rachael. She fake waved at him and as soon as he was out of earshot, she turned to me. I gulped at her fierce stare and looked down at the grass.

"Well? I'm waiting for what the hell that was!? So start talking," She hissed out. I starting shaking from her voice and stare but then I finally found my voice and spoke.