Chapter Thirty Nine

I was still crying as I held onto Rachael's dead body. Screaming out her name as I held her close, I couldn't breathe and it wasn't because of the lack of blood. She was dead. My best friend was dead. She died because of me. I did this to her. I was no longer caring about myself as I held onto her dead body, she was still warm but the light left her eyes so I closed her eyes and cried. The blood from my bullet wound was soaking her clothes and mine. My entire body was still screaming and I was so tired. I was surprised that I was still alive since I lost a lot of blood and I was starting to see stars. I heard the man reload his gun and aim at my head.

"Time to finish this," he sneered. I just stayed still and ignored him. I had no fight left in me to try and stop him. I was done. I wanted to die. This is my punishment for living and having Rachael die because of me. So I closed my eyes and held Rachael close. And waited.

...
But the bullet never came. I heard the man grunt and fall to the floor and then I opened my eyes. It was Nate. He had punched him, knocking him unconscious. I noticed the girl he was with before was by his side as she looked panicked. Jasper followed soon after and screamed my name. He slid across the floor and held me.

"Oh my god!" he screamed out. He held me against his chest and I grasped his shirt. I was crying and screaming out Rachael's name. The girl who was with Nate, walked briskly and touched Rachael's neck. I screamed at her to not touch her, to leave her alone. She ignored me and checked her pulse.

"She's dead," she said as she looked at Nate. No shit, I could have told her that. But I didn't as I cried out to my dead friend. She didn't deserve this. I kept repeating the same thing over and over as I looked at Rachael.

"Emery! Oh god!" Gwen came rushing through but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Rachael on the floor, dead. She covered her mouth and screamed. Her knees dropped to the floor as she took in the sight of Rachael's dead body. Soon the others came and nsaw Rachael, some of them were crying, screaming, or were in complete shock.

"Tasie, oh god!" Jasper was cradling me in his arms. The girl who was with my brother came over to me and checked my pulse.

"Her pulse is weak and she's losing it fast, we have to get her to a hospital," she said.

"We can't," Nate said. The girl gave my brother a shocked look.

"What do you mean we can't!? She's going to die if we don't!" she yelled.

"If we bring her to a hospital, they'll know who she is! They will kill her!" Nate exclaimed. The girl looked back to me and then back to Nate. He was pacing back and forth in frustration.

"Nathan, why the hell would they kill her!? Who is she?" she asked. Nate whipped his head at her and glared.

"She's my sister!" he growled. The girl took a step back and looked back at me as if seeing me for the first time. All my friends gasped and looked at me.

"S-She's your sister!? What! H-How?" she asked.

"Do I really have to explain sex to you right now!? I can't bring her to hospital, they'll know who she is and they will kill her! We have to operate her here!" Nate said as he looked at me. The pain I felt was indescribable, my hands were all bloodied and I was crying for my friend. I didn't care about myself, I deserved to die.

"Where the hell are we going to operate! There's nothing to operate her on with! We don't even know where the bullet is located! We could nick an artery! We don't know how severe this bullet is! The bullet could stop the bleeding and then we would have to wait to stabilize her! We don't know what the hell this bullet is doing to her!" the girl yelled. Jason then spoke up.