Chapter 24.

"Penelope... Penelope... Penelope get up." I'm yanked upright by Brooklyn who spins me around to look at me not paying any attention to the now dead body on the ground.

"We gotta go, he made a lot of noise and we don't know where the other man is." I nod my head snapping back into action grabbing hold of Brooklyn's hand and making a quick dash towards the van pulling the keys out of my pocket clicking unlock.

Brooklyn runs to the other side while I get in starting the car up as Brooklyn gets in, he even goes as far as putting a seatbelt on.

I start driving in what I assume is the right direction, this place was a cabin in the woods nothing like the one I had stayed in with Brooklyn and our friends this one was alone. I follow the dirt road path thinking we had gotten away, we were in the clear now.

Until someone starts banging on the side of the van, I look in my side mirror to see the older man he looked pissed and I wonder what member of his family he saw.

"STOP THE VAN SHAY!" He shouts and I click the lock on the door speeding up even more as he tries to find something to hold onto, I ignore him as slowly he loses out on the race giving up and being a speck of dust in the mirror as I try and find a way out of here.

***

I pull into the driveway of my house not even caring how off centre I looked in my rush to park.

It had taken over three hours to find my way here, it was now pitch black out as I get out the Van. My anger had hit the boiling point as I had time to think about it, even with Brooklyn trying to talk me down as he watched me drive us here.

I storm towards the front door, Brooklyn close behind running a little to keep up, I pay no attention to what he was saying, it was something along the lines of letting them explain before I blew up in their faces.

I slam the door open the glass on the door breaking from impact, I hear the sound of people rushing towards the door as Brooklyn stops behind me looking from me to the broken glass, his hands shoot upwards as Charles and my family all stand around guns aimed at us.

"Oh thank god it's you guys." Madison says as everyone lowers their guns.

Brooklyn's father runs through pushing everyone out the way wrapping his arms around his son once he's reached him.

I didn't know who out of my family knew the truth but from the look, Charles was giving me he knew I knew and if he didn't he sure did when I punched him in the face sending him flying back as the loud crack sounds around us a sign of his nose breaking.

Suddenly everyone was jumping back into action Mason pushing me back wrapping his arms around me pinning my arms to my side, Spencer bending down to Charles level checking his nose, Madison pulling Jack back as he tried to make a quick dash towards me, Cruz shouting instructions.

"What the hell was that?" Mason shouts still keeping me pinned to him.

"Do you want to explain or shall I?" I ask Charles my anger showing full force.

"I didn't know they were going to take you, it was never meant to go that far." He starts to push himself up Spencer and Cruz helping him as he keeps one hand to his nose as blood creeps through his fingers, I go for him not that it got my anywhere with Mason holding me but it scared him.