Chapter 20.

We're wandering the halls looking for a way out. We may have been able to get out of that classroom but there is still no way out of the building.

The doors are still locked, and we have nothing strong enough to break the windows with. Our only option is to drive a car through one of the doors, and that is not happening any time soon seeing as all out cars are outside as well.

"Guys I can't keep walking around anymore. My leg fucking hurts, I need some painkillers or something." Alain speaks between pants, leaning against the lockers.

"Me too." Ashley nods, holding her stomach.

"So do I. Dylan too, we all need medication." Brian adds.

I take a look at all their conditions feeling guilty that nothing has happened to me while my friends are badly injured.

"They're right. Matthews, we have to get out of here. If we wait till Monday for someone to come for us some of them, I can't believe I'm saying this, but they won't make it." Hayden says.

My heartbeat quickens.

"I know." Dylan says in resignation.

"If their wounds get infected-"

"Hayden, I know." He cuts her off angrily. "In case you haven't noticed I'm injured too, I got a bullet in my foot. And I am not-" He pauses for a second and sighs. "I don't have all the answers for whatever the fuck this game is that your twisted psycho little friend decided to play."

I watch him for a second. He's sweating, he's n pain, his teeth are gritted every time he speaks. He's trying sp hard not to show that he's in pain.

"You think we do? That bitch is no friend of ours. The Skylar we know is not that psycho, the Skylar we know is the sweetest girl ever." I can't even say it without getting choked up.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Come here." Dylan wraps his arms around me and I burry my face in his chest.

"This is getting so depressing." Brinn presses herself against the wall and slides down to sit on the floor.

"You think?" Jane yells sarcastically.

"Do you guys hear that?" Mason shushes us all of a sudden.

"Hear what?" Matt shakes his head.

Everyone stops talking, and in a far distant we hear a muffled voice trying to scream. At first we think that maybe it's Skylar trying to play games again to trick us, but we realise that it's coming from the other end of the hall.

Very slowly we start to follow where the cries are coming from and end up in the nurse's office.

We take a peak inside before going in but no one can be seen.

"Thats odd, I'm pretty sure it's oming from here." I whisper.

We hear the whimpers again and this time it's louder, it's definitely from this room.

I open the door cautiously and walk in, everyone following my lead. We start looking around, he room if there's anyone there we couldn't see through the small glass window.

There isn't.

"Holy shit. Guys!" Brian says.

In the closet where he's currently looking is our school nurse Miss Nancy tied up and duck taped begging us to free her.

Helping Brian we untie her and remove the tape covering ber mouth, helping her stand up.

"Oh my God." She gasps for air.

"Wha-how are you still here?" Is the first thing to come out of my mouth.

"Your friend Skylar knocked me out and tied me up. She locked me here." Nurse Nancy says. "Wait you guys are her friends how can I know that you're not with her on this?"

"Do you not see us?" Brinn raises an eyebrow.

"We've been tortured all night, you're lucky she just locked you up in there." Ashley's voice quivers as she speaks.

"What is go in on? Is she doing this Katherine?" She asks looking to me and I nod. "Why?"

"Who the fuck knows." Hayden shakes her head angrily.

"What she said."

"There's water in the mini fridge can you get me some please?"

"Sure." Jane grabs a bottle and hands it to her.

"There's also some biscuits in the drawers that I give away for patients, help yourselves out."

We get the biscuits and starts eating them like starved animals, we also give them to her too. She's been starved since school was over, the poor woman. Which was yesterday.

Nancy is a sweet woman. She isn't over 40 years old. We always talk around the school whenever we bump into each other. She's ood with all the students, helps everyone. If someone doesn't want to do P.E she gives them a fake slip so they can sit aside and skip.

She understands us. That's why everyone loves her. Which is why I don't understand why she's here. I don't understand a lot of things today. But most of all why Skylar would keep her here too?

"Why did she keep you here?" I ask the question that's on everyone's mind.

"She said to treat her if anything happened to her." Nancy says as if it sounds crazy. It does.

"Fucking psycho." Hayden mutters.

"She was here before you guys walked in, she made me treat her leg and arm and then tied me back in there." She motions towards the closet she was in.

"Bitch!" I snap realising she managed to escape.

"Alright, can you please treat Alain?" Dylan says.

"Of course come on put him here." She taps the metal table in one corner of the room.

"The others too please. We have a lot of injuries tonight." He says it like we were in a basketball game and we twisted our legs or something. "Matt, Mason, you're coming with me."

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To check if she's still in the classroom. Don't worry, we're just gonna look."

"Baby, I'm not worried about her." I say cupping his cheeks.

"Baby? Are they?" Nancy asks awkwardly looking between Dylan and I.

Jane nods even more awkwardly and smiles at her reaction.

"I'm worried about you, you can't walk." I say.

"I'll be fine."

"I don't mean to intrude, but Dylan she's right, I need to treat that right away." Nancy points to his leg.

"I'll go instead." Brian volunteers.

"Uh, no you won't, you're injured too." Brinn pipes up.

"Yeah, but it's not my leg or my foot I can walk. She'll stitch it up or whatever when I come back."

"Fine." She mutters angrily which means she isn't fine at all.

Brian gives her a kiss and is just walking out with Matt and Mason behind him when Brinn stops them.

She takes one of the stitching tools and hands it to Brian. "In case the bitch is armed."

He smiles and takes it.

"Actually I'm gonna need that." Nancy says.

"Okay." She hands him something else.

"That too."

"Fine." She glares at the nurse. "Just punch her in the fucking face. With a chair. Or with one of the guys." She says earning a few tired chuckles.

"Deal." And with that they leave.