Chapter 11: The Marauders

A/N: So, *shudders* I decided to take a few quizzes today, and discovered that my Harry Potter soulmate was Tom Riddle. Another quiz confirmed that Lord Voldemort indeed would be my soulmate....happily, however, my second most-likely soulmate would be Draco Malfoy, and third Severus Snape. I think I'm going with Draco, although Tom Riddle in his younger days was quite the looker....ahem. Anyhoo, sure enough, the quizzes confirmed my Slytherin status, and I would be a fox patronus...

Enough crap you don't care about. Um...the power went out for a long time, so I didn't get to update like I wanted to last night, and even though I had all day today...my sister stole the computer. But I'm uploading now. :)

One last thing...I want to make a sort of trailer for Escaping Darkness...problem is, I suck at video editing. Any of you lovely people good with that sort of thing? Have extra time and feel like making one for me? :) I'll dedicate a chapter to you, and read/vote on one of your stories as a thank you.

Speaking of votes, don't forget to vote/comment/like on Escaping Darkness and 30 Ways to Piss Off the Harry Potter cast. :) If 30 people went to vote on Escaping alone, that would be 990 votes! Imagine the possibilities if all 300-something of my fans voted on both stories! :) So...please?

And refavoment on this book too. :) Love y'all! Ciao!

~~~

“You are very fortunate, Mr. Mal-Potter,” she said slowly, catching herself as she said his new surname. A small thrill ran through him, as always – he was married, a strange concept indeed – but it was tempered by the worry he felt. “The baby is quite alright. A healthy baby girl, in fact.” Relief washed over him, and Draco let out a quiet sigh. Around him, other students visibly relaxed as well, and it amazed him at how supportive and even enthusiastic many of them were.

Then it sunk in. A baby girl. They were having a daughter. Draco grinned, happier than he’d ever been, save for the moment when he and Harry were married.

Harry.

Draco turned his attention to Harry, who was still bleeding, as Severus inspected the damage. “A Dark cutting curse,” he announced after a moment. “Similar to Sectumsempra, but Darker. Fortunately, I think the counter spell for Sectumsempra will work.” Sure enough, as Severus crooned the counter spell, the wounds began to knit together, and slowly, the pain eased from Harry’s face. “Drink,” Severus ordered, giving Harry several potions that Draco recognized. Harry obeyed, grimacing at the foul tastes.

“The baby?” he rasped, after having finished the last potion. Draco took his hand in his own, squeezing it gently.

“Safe. Our daughter is safe.” Harry’s eyes closed in relief, before they snapped open again.

“Daughter?”

“We’re having a daughter,” Draco confirmed happily. His happiness grew as he sensed Harry’s excitement and ecstasy.

Madame Pomfrey interrupted the moment. “You are going to have to be even more careful now, Mr. Potter,” she said seriously. “Obviously, someone is out to hurt you and your child, and obviously, you are no longer safe here at Hogwarts. Until Professor Dumbledore and perhaps even some Aurors can rectify the situation, you need to have people watching you at all times. You could have lost your child.” Harry and Draco sobered at the news. Draco knew Harry would not be too thrilled about the idea of a guard, and he was right.

“I don’t need people watching me…I’ll be more alert from now on.”

“No, Mr. Potter. I will not let you endanger this baby. I am insisting that you set up a small group of seventh years you trust to look out for you. In fact, this group should look out for you even after your daughter is born, as you will no doubt be distracted by her. I have no doubt that you can take very good care of yourself, but you have another person to worry about now. You can’t just take whatever is thrown at you. If you hadn’t shielded your baby, she would be dead right now.”