NOW

Susanne and Johnny sit me down on a chair. Ellie walks down and we all sit in like a circle. Susanne starts to talk about what she refers to "that night" she tells us that there is new evidence found. They found a knife under the bed, but there are no fingerprints so that shows that the person who did the intrusion was wearing gloves. The knife was from the kitchen. I stop when she says that because I swore that the knife was already in his hand when he entered the house. Had there been two people? Had I seen the one person and the other person was the one the police was looking for. They started talking and asking us questioned about our house and things,  they were slightly interrogating us.

"How was your house."

"Fine," both of us responded.

"Ok, how was your family?"

"Excellent," we lied. We were lying because it would take forever to talk about Garred.

"How was school? Any bullies?"

"No," this time we were not lying. It was the truth.

"Did your parents have any enemies."

"Many."

"Do you know them?"

"No."

We were done, there weren't any other questions to answer. Johnny got up and hugged me, Susanne did the same. They were caring and I was happy for that, I was glad that they were the ones interrogating us since the police didn't even care about what we had to say. I was relieved it didn't have to be the police.

Ellie and I crept into our rooms and I threw myself on the bed, remembering yesterday when I smashed the window out of so much anger. Who could've killed my parents? How many enemies did they have?

I was so sad, I called Ben to come over. He did. That's why I love him so much. When he arrived, Johnny was the one to open the door and he immediately knew it was for me. I was ready to leave, so I raced to the door and said my goodbyes to Susanne andJohnny. I kissed Ellie goodbye too.

I walked to Ben's car and got in, smiling. He got into the driver's seat and smiled at me.

"Where to?"

"Surprise me," I said, looking into his eyes.

We drove for thirty minutes and we arrived at a place that I didn't recognize before. No! This was Ben's house! I have never ever in my sixteen years been to his new house. He moved when he was 14 and everything has changed that I have never gotten to go to his house.

When I walk in, the first person I see is his mom. She comes up to me and kisses me all over the face.

"Mi Dios! Que te paso! ¿Estas bien?" She was asking me if everything was fine.

"Si señora." I answered her. I only knew a little bit of Spanish.

"Dios mio, ¿quieres té?" This time she asked me if I wanted tea.

"Si, gracias."

I walked with Ben to the living room to see his dad. His dad came up to me and hugged me fiercely and strongly. He told me he was so very sorry for my loss and that he tried to get me... I have never heard that news before. He sat down with me while Luna served me tea. He told me that he tried to get Ellie and I but when they were thinking about it, Susanne and Johnny were already being granted their wish. I told him that thank you so much for the thought and that Susanne and Johnny were pretty nice and that they were very caring. I made a mental note to invite Ben and his loving parents to dinner with us.

I said thank you to Luna and Michael for there thoughts and prayers. I then followed Ben into his room. Inside his room were posters of his favorite singers and authors. His bed was a shade of grey that was manly but not an adult yet and that perfectly described him. I hopped on to his bed and he sat at his chair that was at his desk. He put on some music, classical music, on his laptop. He smiled and then hopped onto his bed with me. I put my head on his shoulder and hugged him. I could smell his fruity cologne and it made me smile. His brown hair was brushed crazily to almost every single angle imaginable. His hair was crazy, but I loved it. His face was also so soft. Perfectly soft, his lips had always been pretty big. His brown eyes were so glass like and handsome. He wore his OSHS sweater today and it was funny since it was so big for him.

We talked for maybe 2 hours and then I had to head home. I said goodbye to his family. I loved his family so much. We got into the car and he dropped me off home, he kissed me on the cheek before driving away. I smiled as his car drove away. I entered silently into my house expecting Garred to throw a beer bottle at me or something but the house was unusually quiet. Then I remembered that I was in Susanne and Johnny's house. There was no more Garred throwing beer bottles at me. Ellie came racing up to me to hug me. I kissed her on the cheek and smiled at her, she told me that Susanne had brought her to the lemonade place where mom had taken her. I started to cry, I remembered that moment so well in my memory. That beautiful day. Maggie was so happy. I hope she is happy right now wherever she is.

I go to Susanne's room and tell her thanks for doing that with Ellie. She says that it was really fun. I love Susanne for that reason so much. Johnny smiles at me and I smile back.

I close their door and head to my room, smiling.