NOW

"Daniel.. I'm sorry, but I can't."

Daniel was asking me out on a date. I didn't like Daniel like that but I didn't want to hut his feelings.

"Just one kiss," he seemed like he was going to burst into tears right there.

"Okay, fine. One."

He leaned in with his eyes closed and kisses me on the lips. The coldness of his lips surprised me. No one was ever that cold. Everybody passing was looking at me like I was crazy. What was the problem? I ignored it and looked into Daniel's eyes. For some reason his eyes seemed like they changed.

"Your eyes are green, I never noticed that."

"My eyes have always been green."

"Wow, I must be so stupid."

"Haha, no you're not," he smiled.

I stood up and hugged Daniel. He went off to his first period class.

I was left wondering why his kiss was so cold. I think it's because we are in the middle of December. My sisters birthday is in three days and I still haven't planned anything for her yet.

Ben came up to me and he just stared at me.

"What's wrong," I asked.

"Nothing," he smiled.

"Where's your cologne?"

"I ran out."

I can never imagine Ben running out of cologne. I will have to get him some more.

"Hmm. I am going to get you some more," I smiled.

"That's why I love you!" He laughed.

"I love you more."

We walked together to class and we started playing around. We were not really paying attention in class since we already knew the lesson our math teacher was teaching us. Ben and I were in all the same classes and all of them were advanced. We were pretty much one of the tops in our class. I used to be the stupidest kid in class but after Garred stopped abusing me...I rose to the top.

The rest of the day flies by like always and I am left standing in the parking lot by my car.

I can see Brice start to walk over to me. I smile.

"Hey."

"Hi, you doing okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm okay, you?"

"I am perfect."

I wonder if he ever heard about Daniel or anything.

"Have you ever heard of a Daniel going to our school?"

"Daniel Isenbeck?"

"No." That Daniel was from two years ago and he moved a couple weeks ago.

"Then I do not know him, why?"

"I don't know, just a question."

I was beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with Daniel and why his mysterious behavior was all over the place. Was he the killer and he was right in front of my eyes. Why had he appeared right when I arrived back from the foster place? Why was he so protective, more than Ben? I have only known him for a couple of weeks and he has seemed to cling on to me. The one thing that really scares me is the fact that he disappears so often. Why?