Chapter Nine - My Butt Cheek, happy now?-

Nine:

I stared at my father’s office and gulped down the tension controlling my body.

I’ve decided to start on drawing my oath to life; I have spent over a week doing nothing about trying to help whoever needed my help against drugs.

I wasn’t sure why I was so tense and scared. Was it because he was the same father I saw at home who didn’t show me any signs of love and I was worried he would make fun of my life goal, or was it because I was self stopping myself from succeeding and doing whatever I wanted to do?

Confusion clouded my mind and it increased when I suddenly found Blake next to me.

“Hey Roya” he greeted me and I had to stare at him for a second just making sure he just directed his words at me. as soon as I was proved correct that he did just talk to me, I smiled and said,” Hey Blake”

“What are you doing here? Punished?” he asked genuinely interested, I raised my eyebrow and then said,” I want to suggest a campaign I always wanted to plan”

He nodded impressed and then said;” care to tell me what it’s about?”

I shrugged and before I could create an excuse, the door to my father’s office opened and there he stood in his glory.

“Come in” he urged us both, Blake looked at me and shook his head. From the extent of my worry and fear, I grabbed onto his arm which led my father’s eyebrow to rise and I entered the room pulling Blake in with me. I could hear his chuckles from beside me but I was preoccupied with my uncontrolled secretion of saliva.

“Take a seat” My father said as he sat on his chair. I nodded swiftly and let go of Blake’s arm before sitting down. He followed what I’ve done and a long silent moment passed with the three of us staring at each other.

“Well Mr. Colad, care to tell me what you’re here for?” My father spoke as he threw me a teasing look. I stared openly at him, he was being playful and teasing like a true father and it confused me even more than the idea of having him as an enemy.

“I actually don—“Blake started but I interrupted him with the surge of confidence shot through me,” I want to ask for your permission to start a campaign in school.”

My father nodded slowly taking it in before intertwining his fingers and setting them in front of him on the desk,” what will it be about?”

I looked at Blake who was curiously watching me and I spoke looking at him since I felt more at ease with him than with my own father,” I wanted to start a help campaign against drug use. I want to show people that I know how hard it is to let go and that I’m willing to help”

Blake’s face showed proud surprise and I smiled slightly before turning my head to look at my dad who was watching me in pure shock.

“Excuse me?” he asked and I repeated exactly what I just said. He stared at me for a long while leaving me with my urge to pee but I was startled when a warm hand enveloped my own in a protective clasp, I turned my head to look at Blake who half smiled at me and mouthed,” I’m so in”

My lips lifted and I bowed my head in a ‘thank you’ and he seemed to understand since he nodded back. At that point, my father cleared his throat and said,” If you’re serious about this, you should give me a draft of your campaign plan as well as dates for your desired presentations. Also I’ll want to see decorations of the campaign and a tangible proof of you having more than eight people included in your campaign.”

I nodded taking it all in and I realized with the edge of my eyes that Blake had actually got out a note book and was writing down things.

“I’m with her, as well as Natalie and Hare. That makes three out of eight” Blake said hopefully, My father shrugged,” eight Mr. Colad, when you’ve got eight people, you can hand out all the other documents and I will get you an official approval from the school’s board.”