Wishing.

Blowing my dark bangs out of my face I balance four gold platters on my forearms two on each arm. Walking outside slowly, I look at the people running around having fun wishing that I was one of them. To be able to be so carefree and happy, without a care in the world. Not having to worry about what needs to be done and by when, but, no, I guess fate wasn't exactly on my side for that.

Averting my eyes I continue walking to the nearest table before all of a sudden the wind is knocked from my lungs and I fall to the ground the food flying of the platters and going every where. I sit up clutching my chest gasping for air when I get yanked to my feet by a boy that goes to our school. Hunter, I think.

"Watch where you're going, freak!" he growls angrily at me. And then I feel the searing heat of a slap on my cheek. The force of the slap causing my teeth to dig into the flesh of my cheek causing blood to seep out and into my mouth no doubt turning my teeth red. I cry out cupping my cheek and when I look up I see him smirking down at me, he looks so terrifying I actually fear he's going to skin me alive.
______________________________________________________
Sorry it's so short but I am not very good at this and am trying to get to at least chapter 3 until I decide whether I want to carry on or not.