Chapter 13

After some consuming, Yata had finally agreed you to treat his shoulder. The wound was fairly big and you had tried to get Yata go to hospital, but since he didn't want to go, you treated it at home. "Change the pad at least twice a day, more if it bleeds a lot and clean the wound when you change the pad" you said. Yata just looked the floor. "Why so quiet?" You asked putting the first aid pack back in place. "Just thinking" Yata said. You could see his ears turning slightly pink. He was nervous, you could sense it. "Of what?" You asked sitting on the toilet floor, trying to get eye contact with him.

Yata's POV

"Of what?" She said sitting in front of me on the floor. She tried to get an eye contact with me but I just watched away.

"What if it's you who doesn't know her"

I shook my head trying to make the words go away. I wanted to trust her, she had promised. "Come on Yata. Stop shutting me out" she said crapping my chin and turning me to face her. Such a determination in her eyes, it made me shiver. "It's nothing" I said. "Really?" She asked. "Really" I said. "Okay then" she shrugged her shoulders. "I should get going" I said and she stood up.

Normal POV

After Yata left you took a cold shower to calm yourself down. Something was bugging you, but you couldn't quite tell what. As the cold water poured down on your spine, you let your thoughts wander a little. You of all the people knew how dangerous it was to let past slip in the thoughts of future, clouding them, until there was no future no more. Still you couldn't help it, with all the things going on, you felt like little reminder of the consequences of mistakes was needed.

The lifeless body before your eyes. What had you done? This was never what you intended, not what you wanted. You just wanted to protect her, it was all you ever wanted.

You clenched your fists. The feeling of not knowing whether you wanted this or whether you needed this, it was slowly killing you. You wanted to get out, the darkness was overwhelming.

The rain was calming, but even the pouring rain didn't wash away the blood in your hands. Nothing would, you would always feel it. Staring at the grave for one last time, after this you wouldn't return. You need to let go of the past, of the blood, let go of her. Just like that you walked away, never intending to turn back.

You lowered your head as the tears fell. You had thought that you had shed all the tears you had long ago.

///

Wow deep shit I'm writing. At least some progress on the story in this chapter.

I just realised it's been pretty long since I've updated, sorry guys.