Chapter 22

Berlin

(Just Osias looking Daddy AF above. No big deal)

A month later, and things still had yet to turn back to normal. I began to believe that they never really would after the entire situation. The consolation of the Goddess' - or God's - words only took off a little bit of the after bite, but the inside of the emotional wound was still festering and fresh.

My fingers trailed over my ever-growing baby bump as I laid leisurely on Osias and I's California King sized bed, wincing slightly when a pain seared through my spine from a shift inside of my womb. I'd practically been put on permanent bed rest by Osias the moment we got back to the pack lands, as he was so concerned for my well-being and that of our little ray of sunshine. No amount of my pouting would get him to change his mind, and when he finally explained how scared he was of losing both of us again, I finally settled down and complied to his wishes.

I didn't want to stress him out even more than he has been.

And I didn't blame him, really. My body seemed to be growing weaker and weaker every day as I adjusted to the height of my pregnancy. An average werewolf pregnancy is only about half of the time of a human one, leaving me about two and a half months before giving birth. It was amazing how much my stomach grew once I was back on a steady diet of healthy foods; I could barely fit into my shirts anymore, resulting in my raiding of Osias's button-up dress shirts to cover my nude body and bulging tummy.

"P-Please d-on't hurt your m-mommy, angel..." I whispered lovingly with a wince, caressing my baby bump gently when I felt yet another painful movement inside of me. It seems like the God/dess was right when They proclaimed Osias and I's pup would be the next in line as Alpha, as I could already sense his rebellious nature as he kicked at my ribs painfully. I took deep, shaky breaths, shifting my weight on the bed to move into a slightly more comfortable position as I closed my eyes, whimpering as memories of the worst time in my life flashed across the back of my eyelids.

I remembered our evacuation from the facility like it was yesterday; waking up like I'd just been in a deep sleep with Osias's fully healed body beneath mine, Max's body falling to the ground in a late stage of decay as it should have been, and Corey rushing towards me with relief in his eyes as he held his still-unconscious mate in his strong arms before we all fled the building. The pack warriors, some covered head to toe in blood and wounds, supported one another as we made our way back to the vacation compound.

It was a long hike back, but Osias refused to let me out of his arms from the moment we woke. He quickly shoved his shirt over my naked body after discarding the bloodied bulletproof vest that stuck to my small body. It was a relief to wake up with no scars or whip lashes marring my body, and remember sending up a little message to our new friend the God/dess for relieving at least the physical pain.

I could've sworn that I heard a tinkling giggle in the wind when I sent up that prayer, but it could've just been my imagination.

"Bubby?" came a soft voice from the door. I turned over with a wince to see my Dad poking his small body through a crack in the door with a timid smile, my Papa not far behind him as his hulking figure pushed the wooden door open further so that he could also fit into the room. I immediately pushed myself up into a sitting position on the bed to make more room for them to sit beside me.

I knew that they were both extremely worried when I was kidnapped, and it felt terrible to know that I put them through such stress. Especially Dad. He had enough phobias to deal with, and I didn't want to add losing a son to that. Ever since we got back to the pack compound, Dad and Papa would constantly visit me to make sure I was alright. At first it pissed off Osias that they were given unrestricted access to the Alpha Wing, but when he saw how they brought a smile to my face, he relented.