Chapter Thirty - You can't help but feel like you are going to lose your brain

Keep your minds relaxed.

Chapter Thirty - You can't help but feel like you are going to lose your brain. (Part One)

I stared in the eyes of Drew Millers. I never knew that he was messed up to such an extent. With a gun pointed at my head, I could only think of my father. He was an amazing cop. They didn't need to tell me that over and over again. I already knew it. I knew more than that. He was amazing at everything. Most importantly, he was an amazing father. But that didn't save him from dying.

"How are you feeling? Being held at gun point and all?" Drew's taunting voice was ringing. I heard it as if he had shouted. As for my heart, it was ready to just explode out of my chest. The beating of my heart was so loud that it echoed in my head. I clenched my fists and trained my eyes on him.

"I didn't know you would stoop this low." I spat. I hadn't really. I just thought he'd drug and put a stop to it. He had gone to really risky measures. I had to think of something. To get out of the place with Blaise with me, safe and sound. But that is highly unlikely to happen considering Blaise is in his induced dreamland. Only if someone comes here and saves us.

"It's your fault you expected something better from me." He shrugged indifferently. He was watching me with an amused glint in his eyes. He was most definitely a psychopath.

"I expected drugs from you. So nothing better there." I couldn't keep back the retort. He was a bit taken back by my words but composed himself quickly. Maybe it was my imagination but I think I saw a trace of vulnerability and regret on those grey eyes. He masked it quickly and replaced it with an inscrutable look.

"You really don't think highly of me then," he fake pouted and made a mocking sad face. I really wanted to punch him. But my hands were really shaking. If I hadn't clenched my fists, he might have noticed how panicked I really was.

"You gave me no reason to," I retorted. I needed to catch him off guard again. "You found the perfect girlfriend for you," I started. "I almost thought she was making out with you until I saw a red head boy with her." I swiftly lied. Maybe the thought of his girlfriend cheating on him would break his heart.

A frown appeared on his face and he was almost distracted. Key word-almost. He was better in controlling his emotions than me. I didn't really know what was going inside his head but it appeared like he was the least bothered by it.

"Why were you watching a couple making out?" Nick asked with a frown. I had not forgotten then he was there but I had chosen to ignore him. He was Drew's obsession not mine. If it was not for him, Blaise wouldn't have been in this trouble.

But then my mind started working. My attention was had shifted from the gun to Nick. I frowned at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a very rude voice. Drew made a noise in his throat when I said that. Maybe he didn't like me talking to Nick like that.

Nick cleared his throat and narrowed his eyes at me. "I'm here to kill you, of course." He replied with nonchalance and then flashed me a million dollar smile. I had to admit, it was a cute smile.

"Nick, we are threatening her here. Stop flirting." Drew reprimanded. He had an annoyed look on his face. He glared at the blue eyed boy and then looked at me.

"You know too much Beryl," Drew said in a sweet voice. I was still confused over Nick's involvement in all of this. "I should relieve you with the burden of carrying too much information."

I looked between Nick and Drew. Help me! I mouthed to Nick as Drew set his aim on my forehead. I was about to move out of his way but Nick stopped me. His strong arms held me tightly. It made it impossible for me to get away.