⚜️CHAPTER-34⚜️Clyde's POV & ALEXANDRIA's POV⚜️

I heard her trembling voice filled with sorrow, but I couldn't do much to ease her pain.
I shrink in the deepest fitch of black, and I lose the only voice that seems to be guiding me to the place I don't even know where.
The next morning.
" Hey, sneaky Clyde. I miss you so much.
Please, wake up soon. Alexander misses his daddy's bedtime story. He doesn't know yet what happened to you. I'm scared of thinking what might possibly affect this will cause him if he sees you finally. So, please help me, wake up for us, Will you? I love you, Clyde." That's the voice of my little kitten begging me to wake up. But I don't know how?
I started hitting my head in the hope that by doing it I might probably wake up and see my beautiful wife.
Damn it! It's no use! I want to see my family again. Then I remembered praying. Though I'm Anti-theist. I do believe in god, but I am not a believer in any kind of religion. Now that I'm hopeless, I couldn't help but ask for help from the God that Christian believers call their savior. I do not know when I started to become a Non-believer. But I guess, when you're out of your family's comfort zone, and then you start seeing things differently.
Reading all the tragic things happening in the world. And nobody has the guts to stop it. I won't be specific anymore, but I know I'm not alone. Many people think the same as me, especially those who see the real cruelty of this world. But For now. I desperately needed any help that I could get.
Then I prayed.
Dear God almighty.
I may not be a Christian visiting you in the church, but you do know I believe in you.
Here I am. I humbled myself upon you. Help me, please. I don't know how, but all I want is to see my family again. I can't bear hearing my wife, my sister, and my mom talking to me so sadly, begging for me to wake up soon. Furthermore, I'm in deep frustration not knowing what to do, but then I remembered you.
I know I am not entitled to even ask for your help but then, again, I humbled myself to you.
Please help me. You're the only hope I got, and I will forever be thankful if you grant my prayer. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. Then I heard my little kitten murmuring something in my ear.
" I'll be seeing you again later, my love."
I started screaming, begging her not to stop talking to me. I was so scared when the light in my surroundings became less bright with every second that passed. Then darkness finally consumed me again.

The next morning or evening, whatever the time, or the date, I don't mind anymore, I'm so glad that I woke up again. Out from the darkness that keeps on pestering me. Honestly, I was never scared in the darkness but every time darkness consumed me, I began panicking that I might never see the light again. That I may not hear my Little Kittens voice. She and my son were the only strength I got. Making sure I should wake up every single chance that I have.
One day, I heard my little kitten say.
" Hey, Clyde. I miss you so much, look who I have here. I finally decided to tell our son about you. Furthermore, I'm thinking maybe if you hear our son's voice, you might have the strength to wake up sooner." I can sense that her laughter didn't reach her eyes and her voice was laced with insecurity.
It pissed me off that I don't have the power to console her right now. That I made her feel insecure about herself, doubting, maybe she was not enough reason for me to finally wake up.
But that's not true! I just don't know how I can wake up by myself. This stupid body won't bulge or move! I fucking hate myself!
God! I desperately wanted to reach for her cheeks and cupped her face. Kissed her lips, but then it was hopeless. My growing frustration became bigger and bigger every single day that passed by. But there's no use. I'm still here, and I don't even know when I will wake up again.
" Go on, big guy, Talk to Daddy. He missed you already. Daddy can't say it now, but I'm sure he does." Alexandria tried to calm herself, not wanting her son to feel more uneasy about the situation.
Alexander looked at her mom and nodded his head.
" Hi, Daddy, I miss you too. When are you going to wake up? I miss playing with you and the bedtime story. Please, wake up soon." Alexander bent down and whispered in his daddy's ear.
" Daddy, you promised to me not to make Mommy cry, but she's sad now. Please wake up Daddy. Love you..." He then wiped the hair that covered his daddy's forehead and gave him a sounding kiss. Alexandria chuckled a little and messed up her son's hair.
" Thank you, big guy. I know soon Daddy will wake up, we just need to patiently wait. But now you go to school. You missed a lot already."
" Hmm! I promise to do good in school, Mommy. Ms Charlotte said if I do good, Daddy will be proud of me, and maybe he will finally wake up. Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy!" Alexander went down from the bed and walked out of the open door,
Alexandria saw Ms Charlotte wipe her tears away with her hand and brought Alexander down to the first floor. Today she was assigned to bring Alexander to school and pick him up after school.

Alec Pov

One month passes by in a blur. Clyde hasn't woken up. And we needed to go back to our house. Not that I don't want to stay in the family's mansion, but I also have to take care of things back home. Alexander missed almost a month of school. I know I can hire him as a tutor, but I don't want him to miss out on a lot in his childhood life.
Plus, I don't want him to be sad all the time when he visits his dad in our room. I know his understanding of the situation, the first time he saw his dad in a coma was the hardest. He cried nonstop, asking what happened to his daddy. I told him that we had an accident and Daddy was badly hurt. I didn't tell him the truth of what happened, simply because some truth needs to be buried deep under, so it won't hurt anybody else.
It's enough that a few people know the truth and if he finds it out when he's a bit bigger, then I'll gladly explain it to him.
I told my son to think about things positively, so now everybody is copying it. He is more enthusiastic about going to school, thinking if he showed his daddy his achievement at school It will please him and make him happy. Then maybe one day he couldn't contain the happiness cramming his heart and he will eventually open his eyes and everything will fall back to the same place as before the tragic incident happened.
A knock on the door brought me out of my trance. I saw one of our housemaids standing at the door with a cordless phone in her hand.
" Excuse me, my lady, but I was cleaning the other room when I heard the telephone ringing. Mr Reid is on the other line, and he wanted to talk to you."
" Ahh yes, I'll take it from here. Thank you, Ana." Ana smiled and brought back the phone to Alexander's room. I quickly took the wireless phone on the bedside table.
Damn! I didn't know the phone was ringing.
Luckily Ms Ana was around to answer it for me.
" Hi James, how are you?" I greeted my husband, trusted lawyer and best friend.
" Hi Alec, if you have a moment, I know you have a lot now in your mind, but there's this red file folder I badly needed. Would you please check it for me? It was in Clyde's office."
"Ok, how will I know if the red folder was correct, James?" I'm a bit confused about how the hell will I figure out that the red folder is the correct red folder, James required.
"Ah yes! I'm so sorry, Alec, that didn't register quickly in my mind. But no problem, Clyde hates red folders, so the only red folder you will see in his office was the one I needed."
"Ok, I'll go check it now. Anyway, are you going to need it today and will pick it up, or do I need Simon to bring it to your office?"
" Ahh that would lessen my workload, yes please Alec." I heard the fake enthusiast in James' voice.
"I'm so pathetic, James." That was all I could say to him.
James did a lot ever since Clyde was in the coma.
All the necessary things that needed to be done in Clyde's company, he did all for his best friend. I cannot ask for more.
" Alec, there's no need to apologize. I did this because I wanted to do it. Not because Clyde is sick. But then when he wakes up, I'll make sure to ask for a month of vacation. I truly miss my Zoe.
No. I think I need to tie up your best friend, so she can spend more time with me than with her band." He joked, but I knew there was truthfulness in his words.
A smile formed on my lips when I remembered how he and my best friend met, and now they were dating each other.
Well, What can I say? My best friend is a rock star.
Jeez. She needed to take it slowly.
I have to list that in my mind. I have to ask her to take her new relationship with James seriously or else she will lose a gem. I mean, the gentleman is hot, plus a nice person and, for God's sake, a certified lawyer. He earns good money.
" Ok then, I'll call you back, James, when I find it."
" Yes, pleased Alec, thank you." The call ended, and I bent down next to Clyde's sleeping form.
" I'm so sorry my love, but I have to leave you again just for a bit. It won't take long, and I'll be back again. I have to look for a red folder James needs." I said to Clyde before reaching down to kiss his chap's lips. Then I reached for his ears and whispered the words, "Surprise me, my love. I hope when I come back to this room, I can see you're finally awake." I gave him another kiss on his forehead before I decided to walk away.

Quote me , dear readers if you have any suggestion on how to put this chapter together. That would realy help me alot.
thank you🙏😊