Sherlock

Oh my gosh! You guys are the absolute greatest! I can't believe I got over three hundred reads in under a week! Thank you so much for your comments and votes! Y'all rock!

Please excuse the terrible pun that I couldn't resist making at the end of the section. I am an extreme lover of puns. 

Shoutouts to @ALISHA879 and @AliceHeart18 for being the first votes and comments I had! You two rock!

Cheers!

-Lai

"Now," I said, checking my mobile. "What do you want to do?"

"Hm?" she asked, looking up at me, as I had stood up.

I let out a sigh. "We have about three hours before John and Mary come over, and four hours until Lestrade drops by. If Mycroft does come around, he will come a little later than Lestrade, or very late in the evening. And I hope and pray my parents don't pay me a visit. I already called them to wish them a Happy Christmas, I hope that satisfies them. So, I say again, what do you want to do?"

"That's impressive, Sher."

"Hm?"

"The way you have all of their schedules memorized like that."

"You do too, and no it's not."

"Yeah..." she said, shrugging.

I smirked. "You still haven't answered my question."

"What do I want to do on Christmas with Sherlock Holmes? Hm." She struck a thinking pose, and winked at me. "Well we could always watch a movie."

"All the Christmas movies are dull and predictable."

"True. We could... Go to a restaurant? Seeing as it's lunchtime and all."

"Sure." I hopped up suddenly, and she followed suit. "Where?"

"How 'bout that one place where you eat free? Gotta love free food."

I suppressed a smile. "Sure, we can go there."

Fifteen minutes later saw us sitting in a booth, talking. Neither of us actually ordered anything. Not our thing.

"So, you didn't celebrate Christmas with your family this year?" I inquired.

She shook her head. "Nah."

"Why not?"

"They're dull." She said this rather dramatically, and emphatically slumped over, resting her chin in her palm.

"I know how that feels."

She gave a short bark of a laugh. "I'm sure you do. But, you must understand, I am the Mycroft among my siblings."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm the smart one." To this I gave her a withering glare, and she just smirked. Then she continued. "That's not to say, Sher, that you aren't smart. You are even smarter than I." She was trying to appeal to my ego. Unfortunately, it was working.

I didn't say anything, and she fell silent. Then, after about four minutes of total silence, I turned and looked at her. No longer light hearted, I said seriously and nervously, "Ally, I... I erm... Well you see, the reason that I left was, erm, I, well, you see, I... I lo-"

She cut me off by placing a hand on my knee. She looked into my eyes and said, softly, "I know, I do too."

My eyes widened a bit, then she reached up and kissed me slowly. I relaxed into the kiss, letting it happen. If what she said was true, if she really did love me, then this was okay.

She pulled away briefly and said, "I will never stop loving you. You don't have to leave me again; I can promise you that you won't get hurt." Then, she kissed me again.

We were walking briskly back to 221b. We had decided that we didn't want to take a cab, because stretching our legs for once would be nice.

As we were chatting, (which, mind you, I am very bad at) I couldn't help but notice that Ally's hand kept brushing mine. The longer we walked, the more frequent the brushing happened. I began thinking desperately to figure out what this meant. Crap, was this one of those things I deleted?

I kept thinking, and Ally noticed my silence, because she said, "Sher, what's the matter?"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh, nothing, I was just thinking."

"About what?" she asked, cheerfully.

"Erm, why do you keep touching my hand? I think I used to know, but I have long since deleted it." I said, awkwardly.

She chuckled. "I want you to hold it. That's what someone does when they want to hold your hand."

"Oh." I said, still a little awkward. "Okay, then." Her hand found mine and we interlaced our fingers. It felt oddly nice.

"Y'know," she continued. "We could be," she paused, as if slightly embarrassed, and then continued. "Exclusive."

"Exclusive? As in..." This wasn't puzzlement at all, I just wanted to hear her say it. Oh, I desperately wanted to hear her say it.

She looked away from me, clearly very embarrassed. "Boyfriend and girlfriend." she mumbled, turning scarlet.

I suppressed a smile. "Okay." I said, and her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Okay," she breathed. I could hear the joy in her voice.