John

I stopped typing, and lay back on the sofa with a sigh. I was so tired! My phone pinged, and I picked it up. I need your help. And I need to ask you a question. -SH

It was midnight. Midnight! I couldn't believe his nerve. However, I couldn't just ignore my best friend. I got up, pulled on a pair of shoes, and pulled on my usual black jacket.

I hopped in the car, and drove towards Baker Street. I had no idea why Sherlock wanted me at his flat at midnight, or what he would need my help with. I was frankly a bit concerned as to why my assistance was required.

I pulled up the the curb, and hopped out of my car. I opened the door and mounted the stairs as quietly as possible. I pushed open the door, and called in a whisper-shout, "Sherlock? I'm here. What do you need me for?"

Sherlock got up from where he was sitting at his laptop on the sofa. "John."

"Yes?" I came inside and stood in the middle of the living room, before heading into the kitchen to get some food.

"How do you plan a wedding?"

I stopped. "What?" I asked, turning to face him. I came back out into the living room. "How do you plan a what?"

He looked up at me. "You heard me, a wedding."

"Whose wedding?" I asked, incredulously.

"Mine?" Sherlock said, looking up at me with a confused expression. "Why are you so confused?"

"You're getting married?!" I exclaimed.

"Erm... yes..." he said, he looking puzzled. "May I ask why this is such a shock?"

"Who..."

He glared at me and rolled his eyes. "Who do you think, John?"

I shook my head. Of course. "Allison."

"Thank you." he said, letting out a sigh of exasperation. "Really John, I thought your deductive reasoning was better than that."

I ignored this comment. "So, what was it that you wanted to ask me? Or was that the question?"

He looked dazed for a second before saying, "Oh, yes! Erm... John..."

"Yes?" I sat down in my old chair.

"Y'know how... at a wedding... the groom has... a best man?"

Oh. Oh. "Yes... you were mine."

"I know... John, will you be my best man?" he said, with some manner of difficulty.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "Of course I will."

He smiled up at me. He actually smiled.