* Important notes, and thanks *

THANK YOU. Yes, in capital letters because I am yelling this. THANKS FOR READING!

If you have any feedback, advice, or anything else, please leave your comments here.

The following chapters contain some "bonus tracks"—small stories that did not make their way into the regular chapters:

How it happened when it happened: This chapter is about why our friends got transported into the future.

Anna 1, Anna 2: These two chapters show the first encounter of Anna and Leona, but they are written from Anna's point of view.

Jenny: This chapter describes the day when they got transported into the future, but this one is from Jenny's point of view.

If you have liked this story, you are most welcome to check out my other books, such as:

The Craving – Marooned:

After a plane crash, Megan is marooned with a group of survivors on an uninhabited island in the Pacific. They find a dead man's body, and the next day it's gone. And then someone of their group disappears, too.

They realize that there's something with them.

Something that might be lethal.

----

Not having much to head home for, Megan doesn't care when her plane takes off with a delay of several hours. She is bored, and the strange, dark man at her side isn't much of a talker—yet their conversation gets interesting once the plane's engines stop working.

They crash. Many die, but a small group of survivors makes it to the shore of a deserted, volcanic island in the middle of nowhere.

They feel lucky to be alive as they wait for the rescue teams. But they're not.

----

A thriller/adventure story, with elements of mystery, and some surprises.

Last Hope Falling: 

Pete is the captain of a generation ship that has traveled the lightyears from ruined earth to its destination system. He enjoys the privileges of his rank, unwilling to risk them by attempting a landing on the planet they have been orbiting for years.

Ralph, his younger brother, has spent his life in the shadows of Pete, tinkering with the half-forgotten technology of their starship. And he is eying the planet below them with longing. He decides that it is time to start their descent.

The starship's name is Last Hope. The last steps of its journey and the first steps on new soil are a deadly dance to the tune of a conflict between the two brothers. 

The Egg at Dumstreet:

A U.S. expatriate is cast into a rainy, foggy corner of Europe. He went there on the pretense to work on his research, but he actually wanted to put as many miles as possible between himself and his ex. 

The university he works for has found him an apartment in a house inhabited by a set of strange characters. 

 The mess begins with a broken egg. And it continues with his neighbor being murdered.

************

Particular thanks for Walking the Ruins go to

theemmpress  for all the useful advice and for coming along.

Heatheranno for her wonderful comments and for sharing her stories.

Eriegarden for his keen eye. Your book is one big poem.

zer0_MARJ_ittudeminusfractionsMrsPiddlesAreli-deTorrilnikalaichopper, and everyone else who has provided useful comments and motivated me to write this.