Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Aiden's POV
             "Alright. Well... Here goes nothing." I hold Krystina's hand even tighter.

            "Five years ago, my brother Ashton killed himself. He over dosed on all sorts of pills. He swallowed a full bottle of Melatonin, 10 grams. We never had those so he must have bought them." The tears start rushing to my eyes.

            "He came home from college, it was his freshman year. Apparently he got home before us; we tried to hurry back because he said he needed to talk to us. Once he sent us that text it was 7 at night. We didn't get home until 8:30. We saw his car out front and..." I swallow hard and the tears start flowing.

            "I was so happy, I was so happy to see him. I couldn't wait to ask him how he was after being gone for so long. I went to the bathroom, I noticed that the cabinets were opened; I looked inside and saw that most of the medicine was gone. I closed the cabinets and I heard Aubrey yell. She was about 13 when she saw her first dead body; it made it worse considering it was her brother. He was in his room, lying on the floor. He looked blue, there's was like all over the ground.

            "My mom and dad ran in after me, my mom literally collapsed and cried, my dad ran to my brother, he was yelling at me, telling me to call 9-1-1. After he threw something at me I grabbed my phone and called. They came around 10 minutes later; they checked his pulse and some other stuff. They called him dead at the scene." My throat is burning. I look up at Krystina's face and smile slightly. I stop fighting the tears.

Krystina's POV
             After he said they called it dead at the scene, he let the tears loose. 'Tell me more Aiden. Let it all out. I'm listening.' He sighed and sat up straight composing himself a bit.

            "We all went to the hospital. They only let my mom and dad in so I had to comfort Aubrey." He stopped talking. "I just pushed her away and walked outside. I didn't notice but apparently Hayden walked in and comforted Aubrey." I felt a pang in my chest, Aubrey never told me this, she barely told me about her brother's suicide. That must be why she likes Hayden, he comforted her when she was completely shattered.

            "After a while my dad came out to me and told me and Hayden to say bye. So we went to the morgue area." His face fell pale. "His body was lying on a cold metal table that slides into a fucking door in the wall." He gripped my hand even tighter. "I went up to his body and I just started crying." 'It's ok Aiden. I'm here. I understand. I care.'

            "My mom held me; Hayden just stood there and cried silently. The doctor..." He kicked the chair out from under him and released my hand. My heart monitor skipped. "The doctor said, 'You have to either let your kids say goodbye quickly or leave'. He's a fucking doctor. How could he say that shit? My brother just killed himself; I had a right to cry." I hate being in a coma but have an out of body experience, I wanted to hug him and tell him it's alright.

            "My mom pushed us out of the room. I fought her; I saw them put my brother into the wall. My mom tied pulling me but I was too strong. I saw the doctor roll his eyes and walk down the hall. My dad eventually had to pick me up and carry me out. I didn't know what to do. Later when we were alone in my room, Hayden told me something that the doctor said." His eyes fade, they look empty now.

            "He said that the doctor threw my brother's documents on the desk and said, 'boss you need to stop assigning me these suicide bodies, they don't matter! They killed themselves so there shouldn't be any need to find out what happened. This case was just pitiful. Stupid, I don't want anymore of these.' Then walked away. Hayden knew how mad I was. He knew how sad I was."