Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Nina's POV
             "And I know that we are meant to be together." I smile and look down at Krystina's hand. Aiden is so in love with her yet he knows so little about her. They are meant to be together, I just pray that she lives so they can become a couple and give love a chance.

            I want them to be happy, both of them. She deserves it after all she's been through, and Aiden deserves it. He's changed so much now that he is aware of his feelings for her; both Aiden and Hayden have changed. I look over and Hayden and Aubrey and I see Hayden holding Aubrey tight.

            "Mom?" I look back over at Aiden.

            "What's wrong?" He looks up at me and smiles.

            "Am I doing the right thing here?" I open my mouth and quickly shut it.

            "Hayden, Aubrey can you give us a moment?" They both nod and walk out of the room, "What do you mean Aiden?"

            "I mean, what if..." He grips Krystina's hand tighter, "What if she doesn't wake up? We all know that there is a chance of it happening. Should I have really wasted so much time coming down here? I mean, I dropped out if college just so I could be with her." I see a tear escape from the corner of his eye.

            "Aiden, sweetie." I lean over Krystina and lay my hand on top of both of their hands, "You're right, there is a chance of it happening. College will always be there, baseball and hockey will always be there, that's for a fact. But we can't know for a fact if Krystina will make it through this unharmed. You did the right thing. It's not time wasted." He smiles at me.

            "Thanks mom. I know I seem like I don't need your advice but some days it's good to hear your input." I smile and stand up.

            "I'll give you both some time alone." I walk to the door and open it, I see Hayden holding Aubrey.

            "Aubrey?" I hear Hayden whisper. I tilt my head and I see Aubrey go limp in Hayden's arms.

            "Aubrey!" I yell and run out into the hallway, Hayden holds her against his chest and doctors start flooding out. I look back and see Aiden standing at the door in shock, soon enough I'm being pulled away by a nurse.

            "Ma'am give her some space." I step back and I see a male nurse pulling Hayden quite forcefully.

            "Let me go you son of a bitch!" He yells trying to get to Aubrey. I grab his hand and pull him toward me.

            "Aiden! Help here!" Aiden snaps out of it and runs over to grab Hayden. He pins Hayden against the wall.

            "Hayden man, chill out! They need room so they can help her! I get it that you love her but let them help her!" Hayden breaths heavily and relaxes. Aiden let's go of him. They put Aubrey on a stretcher and take her to the Emergency room, "I'll get our stuff from Krystina's room, you guys go and wait in the waiting room." Aiden says walking to Krystina's room. I wrap my arms around Hayden and start crying. He hugs me back and we start walking.

            "It's alright Mrs. Masters, she'll be fine, they saved Krystina, and they can definitely help Aubrey." I nod against him but keep crying. Lord please don't let me lose another child.

Aiden's POV
             Why was all this happening? I grab my jacket, my mom's sweater and Aubrey's school bag. Hayden didn't have anything, he always had his jacket but he never took it off except for hockey and baseball practice. I walk over to Krystina and grab her hand, "Krystina, something happened to Aubrey, I'll be back I promise but please, please pray that she isn't hurt." I kiss Krystina's forehead and run out the door.