Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Hayden's POV
I hold Aubrey against my chest as we walk up the stairs, when we reach her room I motion for her to sit on her bed while I close her door. She sat down and I sit beside her.
"Princess, people do break promises, I'm not going to lie to you. But I know for a fact Krystina is fighting her hardest to keep this promise. As long as we keep telling her we are by her side she'll keep fighting harder and harder." Aubrey starts crying. I hold her hand but she pulls away and walks to her mirror.

"She's on life support Hayden. She can fight all she wants, not many people make it." I walk over to her and pull her close.

"Aubrey, listen to me. You need to have hope. I'll admit I know how low the chances are, but I have hope in her ability to stay alive for you. For us." She starts crying harder. I pick her up and put her on my lap as I sit on her bed, holding her tight as she cried into my shoulder.

"Aubrey, have hope. Please. I hate seeing you so upset. Krystina does too, I know that. She wouldn't want you to be sad." Her tears start slowing down.

"I don't know what I'd do without her Hayden. She keeps me alive, keeps me sane." I lift her chin to look at me.

"I'm here for you. I'll help you through anything you need. Anything at all. I'll help keep you sane, and if I fail we can be insane together." She laughs a little bit with a couple tears rolling down her face. "There's that pretty smile." She looks down and sniffles.

"I still need her Hayden."

"And she needs you... You're both connected at the heart; you both have identical problems with cutting. I understand that. But know that Aiden is going to help heal Krystina's problem. He is going to prove to her as soon as she wakes up that he loves her. And I'll heal you." I feel Aubrey ball her fist into my chest.

"I don't want to be healed Hayden. I like being this way."

"In pain, Aubrey?" She nods and starts crying again.

"I feel like I deserve it. I don't deserve anyone to be my friend or anything else." I lift her head again.

"Aubrey, never say that. You deserve the best. You deserve someone who will treat you like you're an angel. Someone who-" Why was I so scared to say this all of a sudden.

"Someone who what?" I sigh and swallow hard. It was now or never. She's never going to realize she deserves the best until someone proves it; this is my only chance to prove it to her. I look straight into her eyes and smile.

"Someone who treats you like a Princess." My heart stopped, that was by far the hardest thing I've had to say in my entire life. But it felt so good to say it. "Someone who treats you like a Princess, Aubrey. You deserve it. With every scar, you deserve someone who will be willing to accept and love every single one of them. They are your story. And someone should kiss that book closed. No more razors. No more cuts. No more blood. Just happiness and love. That's what you deserve Aubrey." We sat there looking at each other for a while, she laughed and looked down. "What?" She laughed a bit harder and looked back up at me.

"So are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna make a move?" We both smile and laugh.

"I think I'll just sit here and wait." She laughed and pulled me in for a kiss. As soon as my lips touched hers I felt my face heat up and my body goes numb. I never experienced a kiss like this, not even my first kiss. After pulling away she looked up at me and smiled.