Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Krystina's POV
I stand by my body; I can't believe I'm so close to death... I'm on life support; I can't breath on my own.

"Hey." I turn around quickly. There a guy standing at the door. He looks about 5'11, his hair was dark brown and it looked like he had gotten out of bed... In a movie, so basically it was perfectly ruffled, his eyes seemed to be glowing but they were brown. He was wearing a hockey jersey; it was my school's hockey team. His hands were in his pockets and he had a smile that made me dizzy, he had a cute smile.

"Who the fuck are you?" He laughed and walked over to me.

"Colorful language." He stood right in front of me and bent down enough so his face was leveled to mine. "I am Ashton." My eyes widened and I stepped back a few feet.

"You're?... What the fuck?!" He laughed at me and sat on top of the counter in my room.

"You really should not curse so much darling. It is not attractive when a girl as pretty as yourself has the mouth of a sailor." He smiled at me.

"Well I'm sorry I'm a bit freaked considering someone who is dead came here. And why are you here?" He jumped off the couch and stood in front of me once again.
"I am a reaper. I am here to take you to, well... Somewhere." My eyes widened and I started tearing up.

"No! No, no, no! I won't go with you! I'm not leaving Aubrey alone! I can't leave Aiden! NO!" He started laughing hard and collapsed to the floor.

"Holy shit!!" He clutched his stomach, "I can not believe you fell for that!!" I bent down and hit him in the chest hard. "Ow! Shit. No need for the violence! Just a little joke."

"Well it wasn't funny!!" I walked out into the hall and he followed.

"Hey! Krystina I am sorry! Please just stop." I stopped in the middle of the hall, a nurse walked past us and checking into a room across the hall, room 310. He walked on front of me, "Look, I am sorry that was insensitive of me. I apologize." I look at the floor.

"There's angels here!" I looked up and saw an old lady to the right, room 309; she was two rooms down from me. I walked in and Ashton followed me. "Oh, you're a pretty one. Those cute little cheeks of yours." I looked at Ashton.

"Is she talking to me?" She laughs.

"The angel heard me! Why aren't you talking?" I looked at Ashton and he smiled.

"Good evening Miss." Damn this boy knew when to put up a charm, even I fell for it.

"Oh my lord. Angels do exist. Tell me, have you seen my granddaughter Layla in heaven?" Ashton looks up and sighs. After a couple seconds of that he smiles and looks back at the old lady.

"Yes dear. She is happy in heaven. She is an adorable little angel. You do not need to worry about her." The old lady smiles and cries silent tears.

"She's an angel. Thank you. So much." Ashton smiles and nods slightly.

"If you would excuse us miss. We must leave." She smiles and nods. As were about to walk out of the room she yells to us.

"Wait! Girl." I look at Ashton.

"I am assuming she means you Krystina." I look over at her.