Part 25

Sean led Arthur back to his home, fear and worry corssed through his body at what might have happened. they ran up the stairs and Arthur froze as he saw his sister Hana on the bed coughing. blood surrounded her stomach and the sheets around that area, their mother was rushing past while Henry was trying to stitch up the wound with shaky hands. Henry looked up, fear and saddness in his eyes.

"There isn't a lot i can do." he whispered out, his voice shaky.

"ARthur?" Hana rasped out, before coughing.

"What happened?" he whispered as he ran and knelt at his sister's side.

"I was trying to protect the little ones, they are... hidden behind the barkery storage... you have to help them." she mumbled.

"Hana, hang on Henry will save you, right?!" he exclaimed begging Henry.

Henry looked broken and shook his head slowly, letting it drop. tears were welling in his eyes. Sara ran through the door and froze, Brenin was at her heels raming into her with the sudden stop.

"Hana!" Sara gasped before running to her sister.

"Promise to look out for the little ones." Hana whispered.

"You know they hate me!" Sara cried out.

"Promise, please..." Hana said before she breathed her last breath and was gone. 

"I-i promise." Sara cried out.

Arthur brought his sister close to him and she hugged him and cried into his shoulder. her shoulders were shaking heavily and she was sobbing so loud that soon everyone could hear. Lance, Gwain and Jacob ran in next and saw Hana lying dead. none of them moved, letting Sara's wails carry on all their grief.

by noon the next day most of the dead had been buried in the field of battle. Arthur stood over the grave of his sister next to his other siblings. Mary had come down from the Dwarven fortress as soon as word reached her about Hana's passing.

"It's all my fault, if i had just snuck out i could have saved her." Mary whispered whipping away tears.

"It wasn't your fault Mary, it wasn't anyone's but Guinevere's." Arthur stated coldly.

"She's going to have more than one Jimson son on her tail." Jacob growled.

"Mama, where has Hana gone?" Rebeca asked.

"Shh, child, your dear sister has left us for a while." their mother cooed softly, rocking Rebeca on one hip.

"When will she be back?" Rebeca pried.

"She isn't coming back." Sean stated.

Lance slapped him on the back of the head and Arthur sent him a glare. Sean gave out a short whimper but the glare of his other siblings silenced him.Rebeca looked confused and bit her lip looking around for her older sister. the small grave was marked with a small wooden cross, he silently promised himself to create a better grave for his sister or at least a monument to honor the dead. Sapphire stood at his side and snaked her hand with his, she squeezed his hand reassuringly and  he smiled a little at her gesture. Peter clung to Sapphire's skirt, burying his face and crying softly. Bella was trying to put on a brave show but everyone could see her red eyes.

"Arthur..." Elena said behind him.

he looked to see the rest of his friends standing, behind them was the entire dwarven fortress and human city. all of them wore black to respect the dead, Duli marched up to his wife and held her hand tightly. Henry didn't meet his gaze and kept his eyes fixed on the ground.

"It's not your fault Henry, you did everything you could." Arthur stated.

Henry looked up, hurt and understanding written across his face.

"It's time we head back to Nineth and gather our forces there. the place has already been re-built by a few of the dwarven archetiects and Nuomor's men." Thdiir said cautiously.

"Yes, i understand. Any of you who want to come with me you can, i will not leave you behind if you don't want me too." Arthur said turning to his family.

"We'll go with you!" Sean exclaimed, Jacob and Gwain walking up slowly behind him.

"Anyone else?" Arthur asked.

"I am sorry Arthur, Mary needs me here, besides i have to stay." Elizabeth said looking back to Etheil who was whispering to Brenin.

"I can't, ma needs my help to support the family and the young ones need me." Lance stated, hugging his brother.

"I will-" Sara started.

"You will not! you are to stay and find a suitable husband. i am sorry by son, Rebeca, Peter and Bella are too young to travel." his mother said softly.

"A husband! i am only 14!" Sara exclaimed.

"Hush child!" their mother scolded.

"I will send as much money as i can. Lance i leave you en charge, work with the dwarves and make sure no one goes hungry." Arthur replied.

"Will you come back and see us?" Elizabeth asked.

"As often as i can. and i will write to you all as soon as possible." he answered.

she smiled and nodded.

"Etheil, Brenin, it is time." Thdiir called.

both stopped their talking and looked to Thdiir. they walked up and stopped in front of him, Brenin took a deep breath before talking.

"We are not going with you, Thdiir, not until we know that they will be alright." Brenin said.

"i understand." Thdiir stated.

"Perhaps your choice of love interest is contagious." Etheil added with a small laugh.

Thdiir grinned and hugged Etheil tightly before letting go and walking back to Alex. Arthur hugged his siblings one last time and let his brothers hug and kiss their mother good bye, before they each got horses and readied themselves for the journey.

"i thought that you all would be too tired for that, i have created a portal, just outside. it will take you all to Nineth." Nuomor said walking into the stables.

"Thank you." Henry mumbled getting on his horse and following Nuomor out.

Lucas and Jonathan followed after silently, Elena motioned for Gwain, Jacob and Sean to catch up before trotting out. Sapphire gave Arthur a sad smile before riding out, he followed behind her to see that Nuomor's portal was bigger than ever. he smiled and nodded before each one of them rode through.