Struck by Lightning

"I'm going to kill him" Blue stated like he was talking about the weather.

My head swiveled so quickly, I stumbled in the grass.

I choked, "excuse me?"

He flicks some grass off the side of his shirt, as he massaged the bruise that was quickly fading under his eye.

"Should I go with decapitation? Or maybe make it look like an accident ...?" he muttered to himself.

"THOSE TWO THINGS ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, HOW DO YOU MAKE A DECAPITATION LOOK LIKE AN ACCIDENT?" I bellowed at him as he looked up at the sky, not even listening to me.

"Or I could go with violent stabbing ..."

Because that's a normal thought.

"Balder, you are not killing anyone, especially Daniel, at most I'll let you do severe damage to the body, no face shots" I stated seriously.

"He hit me in the face-"

"Are you seven?"

"-and he tried to push up on my girlfriend. If you won't let me hit him in the face then I should get to impale him" he shrugged down at me.

Cue choking, "did you just say impale?"

"I'm thinking lamp post, or broom stick ... aim for breaking his heart, since you refused to do it" he snapped at him.

"Oh here we go," I rolled my eyes, "I apologize for not being able to reach my hand up his ass and grab his heart and then squash it" I mocked him.

"You squash everything else with your fat thighs, why not his puny heart?" he sighed.

My jaw dropped.

Talk about passive fucking aggressive.

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO TRY TO FAT SHAME ME RIGHT NOW?" I growled as he glowered down at the grass stain on his jeans.

His sharp eyes finally connected with mine and it was in that collection of seconds, known as a moment, that I realized with my deepest regret ...

I should have kept my damned mouth shut.

The fire that was literally blazing in his eyes like the gates of hell, were now solely and furiously pointed at me.

Not Daniel. Or his yeast infection of a brother. Hell, not even the worm of a woman that he married. But at me.

Straight at me.

Like an arrow. Or a knife. Or a sword.

Never have I wanted to literally suck my words back out of the air, but now I was feeling the full flames of regret.

And they were a bitch.

He was about to come for my entire life, essence, and being. And what could I say? It wasn't me?

Lies.

It was all technically my fault if we really dissect this whole issue.

I mean I stomped away like a child. I pretty much made him confess his ... feelings (or whatever he has) to me. I then proceeded to beat up his brother and ex-wife, on principle of course. And that led to Daniel bulldozing me. Punching Blue. Then finally making his feelings about me known, which I wish he could suck back out of the air.

And from the murderous glare on Blue's face ... maybe I hadn't handled the entire situation with grace and elegance, or ball crushing rejection, like he wanted.

But what the hell was I suppose to say?

At least from my side of the court I thought Daniel and I hated each other. I mean, come on! I set the kids hair on fire once ... by accident, and poured acid on his car ... on purpose.