part 23

*NEW CHAPTER! YEAYYY!!!!*

Ian :

PRANGGG!!!!!

I could hear the sound of glass breaks.

Leah.

I started to furiously trying to open the door with all worst scenarios playing at the back of my head especially my newest enemy, it can’t be! The door can’t be opened, so I kicked it several times, I kicked it as strong as I could.

Leah!

Hold on baby!

The door went flying. I noticed the hinge already broke due to my powerful kick. I went into the house frantically searching for her. That is when I froze on the spot, where I saw her laying down on the kitchen floor unconscious near the shattered glass. I ran towards her, I kneeled down and took her body in my arms while trying to shake her in attempt to make her wake up again. She didn’t respond so I put my shaky index near her nose.

No breath.

----------------------------

4 hours later…………

She looks fragile in her sleep. Her shiny hair, her pointy nose and her smooth pale skin, all looks so beautiful like a piece of fragile glass. She sleeps so peacefully but my heart hurts so badly. The only time I saw pale faces was in my parent’s funeral, even all the people I've killed I don’t spare the smallest tiniest glances for them, but I never thought I would see it on the woman who sleeps soundly in front of me right now. It scared the hell out of me, like someone just ripped my heart out forcefully. I thought I lost her.
I am waiting at my own private clinic for my specialist to come back with the report after they treated her for hours. I looked at Liam who’s holding her hand right now, his eyes were red and puffy same with Josh who’s seated beside him, both just sat there looking at her while David standing at the end of the bed but his eyes fixed at the picture on the wall. He looks so calm yet his eyes filled with anger. It has been an hour since the operation; we still sat in silence as we wait for the report.

The sound of the door’s creaked open signaling us that the doctor has arrived. He’s my family’s doctor who is trusted by my grandfather to take care of us, Dr Higgins, the chief of all specialists in this building, even with his grey hair, he’s still the best in this country. He then sat on the couch with sheets of papers in his hands, I got up from my seat to sit on the couch in front of him, and the boys just watched both of us from their place. He put those papers on the table before leaned on the couch looking at me with deadpan serious face. He seems to be contemplated with something but then I think he sorted out his doubt after that by judging the determine look on his wrinkled eyes.

“Ian.” He said my real name, which means this is serious matter because if not, he would’ve called me ‘kiddo’, the nickname he gave me since I was a small kid.

“I have good and bad news, which one first?” he asked.

“Good.”

“Good news is, the girl’s fine.” Thank God. We all let out sigh of relief.

“Bad news is, 10 minutes late, we would have not been able to save her.” My breath just knocked out, I even heard their gasps. His words slice through our relief state.

“W-wha-what is that mean?” Liam stuttered. He’s the one who breaks the silence around us even I can’t seem to speak anything despite I have lots to ask.

The doctor averts his eyes from me to the three of them.

“That means your sister almost died.”