Nine

Mia still hadn't told Patrick about the baby. She didn't know how he would react. She hadn't even told her parents.  She knew they would go mad at her.

When she woke that morning she saw a text on her phone.  She looked to see it was Patrick.

I'll come over tonight. I'm busy today - P x
Okay - M x

Mia sighed and turned her phone off. She pulled her duvet over her head. She wanted to be alone but knew it wouldn't happen. 

***
Eventually Mia went to the salon. She saw Maxine standing by the door. "What?"

"I'd like my nails done please," Maxine said as Mia opened up. She smiled. "Patrick told me I could get them done for free."

"Oh really? I'll ask him about that till then you're paying," Mia said.

***
Mia had finished Maxine's nails. She made her pay. Mia grabbed her phone.

I know she's your fiancée but she doesn't get her nails done for free in my salon - M
What? - P
Maxine said you said she could get her nails done for free. Not happening. - M
I never said that. She's been on at me - P
Oh. Sorry - M

Mia frowned. She hated how distant Patrick had been lately . She didn't know what she had done wrong. She wanted him back.

***
Patrick went to find Maxine. He saw her coming out of price slice. "Why is Mia texting me saying you said I told you that you could get your nails done for free?" He asked.

"Well you own the place so I thought I'd be entitled to some freebies," she said.

"No."

***
Mia walked out the salon and saw Patrick. She quickly walked into the alley to avoid seeing him. She wanted him back but he had been funny with her.

Patrick walked past and so Mia left the alley. She saw Maxine. "I'm sorry I tried to get the nails done for free," she said.

"Okay."

Mia walked on past. She went into price slice and bought herself some flavoured water and a sandwich. She paid and left

A few hours later.

Mia walked back to the flat. She had had so many customers that she was tired. She rubbed her stomach. "Is everything alright?"

Mia turned to see Patrick. She smiled and nodded. "Yeah. It's fine. Just a little hungry," she lied.

"Well it's a good job we're having Italian tonight. I'm cooking," Patrick told her. He showed her the bag of ingredients.

Mia smiled slightly. "So I'm guessing that I'm needing to let you in?" She asked.

"Of course."

***
Patrick made dinner while Mia got a shower. When she was done, she went into the kitchen. "There's something sexy about a man that cooks. Shows they're domesticated," she joked.

"I'm always cooking. Maxine doesn't like most of the stuff I cook."

Mia nodded. She walked over and kissed neck. She loved him.

***
They ate their dinner. Mia sighed she didn't know how to find the words to tell him about their baby. She knew he would hate her. She didn't want that.

All she could do was keep it secret.