Thirteen

Mia's parents were absolutely shocked. Their youngest daughter had just admitted to them she was pregnant. Helen looked at her. "Who?"
"N-No one you'd know," Mia mumbled as she held her nephew, hoping he would stop anyone from hitting her.

Sophie looked at her sister. "I think what Mia needs right now is our support. You were all supportive with me being pregnant with Kaiden. Be like that with Mia," she said.
"Thanks Soph."

Helen scoffed. She walked over to Mia. "How could you be so stupid Mia-Rose?! You've been told about condoms."
"They're not always effective!"
Helen laughed. "Maybe if you used them you'd know!"
"Stop it! We need to care for Mia rather than yell at her!"

The family all held a meeting in the kitchen away from Mia. When Sophie took her son to get him a snack, Mia took that chance to run out.

She didn't want to hear what they had to say. She wanted to be with one person only. Mia rang the flat bell and the door opened. She broke down in Patrick's arms.
"Mia what's happened?" Patrick asked.
Mia was in hysterics. She couldn't talk. "Mia?"

Patrick took her inside. Sienna and Maxine were out. Patrick locked the front door. "What has happened? You can't turn up in hysterics and not tell me the cause," he said.
"M-My parents hate me."
"Why? Do they know about us?"
Mia shook her head. She looked at him. "I'm pregnant," she mumbled.

Patrick looked at her in shock. He hadn't planned on getting her pregnant. He was sure she wouldn't have an abortion.
Mia sighed. "I haven't told anyone you're the father. I don't think we need that," she said.
"You're right. I'll be leaving Maxine soon."

Mia looked at him. "You can't. This is her flat," she said.
Patrick smirked. He kissed her. "I bought this flat. She only lives here."
"Oh."
"Don't worry Mia. I promise that I'll always be here. I'm sure Belle will too," he said as he kissed her lips again. Mia nodded. She cuddled into Patrick. Patrick began to kiss her neck. Mia grinned.

She lifted her head up and kissed Patrick. Patrick kissed her back. Eventually, it got heated. Patrick lifted Mia and took her to the bedroom.

Mia smiled as Patrick laid her gently on the bed. She smiled as he took off his shirt.
"Not bad for an old man," Mia teased.
"Hey!"
Mia grinned and kissed him. He kissed back passionately. Patrick grabbed a condom and smirked. "I only keep these for you."
"Good."

Patrick got the condom on. He pushed into her. Mia moaned out loud. "Does anyone know I'm the father?" He asked.
"Belle only. She covers for me when I wanna see you," Mia replied.
Patrick nodded and kissed her as he moved in and out.

Sophie held Kaiden as her parents talked. "Has she even talked about seeing a man?" Michael asked.
"No but that doesn't mean anything," her mother spat. Sophie rolled her eyes and got Kaiden sorted.
"I'm taking him out," she said and walked out.

Sophie spotted Bella out buying groceries.
"Bella!" Sophie called. Bella smiled at her.
"Hey!"

Bella walked over to Sophie.
"What's wrong?" She asked as she hugged Kaiden.
"Mia's told our parents she's pregnant," Sophie said. Bella was shocked. She knew it didn't go well.
"Where's Mia?"
Sophie shrugged. "She walked out. Haven't seen her since. You live with her. Has she had anyone over?" Sophie asked.
"Not to my knowledge."

Mia and Patrick were cuddled up. The doorbell rang. Patrick got dressed and answered. He was shocked to see Michael. "Alright Patrick."
"Is everything okay?" Patrick asked.
Michael sighed. "Not really. Our Mia is pregnant."
"What?" Patrick asked in fake shock. Michael nodded.
"Can I Come in?"
Patrick nodded and let Michael in.

Mia went into the shower in the bathroom. She locked the door. Michael heard the shower.
"Am I disturbing?" Michael asked.
"Not at all. Just an old work friend of mine," Patrick lied. Michael nodded.

Michael began to ask Patrick if Mia had been seen with anyone. Patrick said no.
"I want to help her. We all do. But we don't know how. She's living with her friend now anyway," Michael mumbled.
Patrick nodded. "Just try to support her the best you can. I know it's hard."
Michael sighed. "She's our baby. It's hard for us to see her pregnant and possibly alone," he said.

Mia stood listening in. She placed a hand on her stomach and sighed. She knew things were going to be tricky.

Soon enough, Michael left. Mia came out the bathroom. "Wow. He's playing the doting father quite well," she mumbled.
"He does care."
"How do you know?" Mia mumbled.
Patrick smiled. "Because he wants to help."

Patrick put his shirt over Mia's body while he made them both a hot chocolate. Mia sat down by the fire and sighed.
"You really think he means it?" Mia asked.

Patrick nodded as he handed Mia her hot chocolate.
"I think he does Mia," Patrick said. Mia cuddled into him.
As Patrick held Mia, she tried to not cry. She didn't know if she could be a mum. She wasn't even in a stable relationship.

Who would be there for her?