Her Beautiful Poetry

Woah! I silent whistle echoed inside my mind as soon as I saw her face.

Javi is definitely right. This girl is absolutely beautiful! The most beautiful face that I have ever laid my eyes upon in all honesty. And what is ironic is that she doesn't even wear any make-up nor fancy clothes at the moment at all. All she has are a pair of track pants and a plain white sports top with her hair only casually tied up in a bun, yet the effect she has is still very overwhelming. Not just on me but on everyone in the whole arena as well actually, from the way I see it.

"Yuzu! Hey Yuzu!" Javi nudged me on the flank.

"Huh? Sorry."

He laughed. "See what I mean? She's lovely isn't she?"

I cleared my throat first before answering. "Yeah I get it. I can see your point now."

I tried to sound as nonchalant as possible just to hide my embarassment as he caught my obvious ogling.

"Woah that's it? Come on Yuzu that's all you're gonna say? Aren't you interested? Even just a bit? I mean she's super pretty and she's a figure skater! (Javi knew that I prefer to a date a figure skater if given the opportunity). Also I heared from Coach that she is super nice as well. What more could you asked for?" He fired those questions consecutively.

"Yeah yeah she's really really pretty but the thing is, that kind of thing is just off the list of my top priorities right now. You know that my eyes are only set at that Olympic gold medal at the moment so naturally I can't afford to entertain any kind of distractions. Not now."

"Man you are too hard on yourself. Just take it easy will you? You see sometimes having an inspiration whenever you skate really helps a lot. Knowing that you are skating for a certain person who is happily watching and cheering on the side while you perform is the best feeling. Trust me. Come on just try it. Maybe that's that missing element in your skating that you always talked about. The actual feeling of romance."

I can't help but chuckle at that though. Javi is clearly wearing his heart on his sleeves now.

"What? You're laughing me now?" He incredulously exclaimed.

"I'm sorry Javi. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. It's just that you sounded so in love and I am not used to it. I'm sorry." I replied while still trying to hold back my giggles.

"You rascal. You'll see, you are going to eat those words once you fall in love. I bet my blades on it." Javi responded with a chuckle.

"Doubt it."

"Oh never say never Yuzu."

And we ended up laughing in the silliness of that conversation.

"Hey Yuzu look! Miss pretty newbie is stepping into the rink." My eyes went into where Javi has suddenly pointed which is at our newest training mate. "Is she going to perform?"

"Probably." I shrugged while seeing her obviously warming up on the ice now.

It is pretty much a tradition in here anyway. Coach Brian asked all his students before to perform a free program like skate of their choice during the first day of training as an introduction to everybody. And so as he could assess, based on that performance, the student's possible future skating potential as well.

"What do you think? I've never seen her in any of the competitions that we've been into before but Coach still took her in. That seems kind of odd to me." Javi said.

Actually I agree to that. I too wonder why Coach Brian Orser, a famous professional figure skating coach took an unknown young skater under his wing, while as far as I know he does not accept students who are basically just started to learn the sport. One proof of that is almost everyone in here is already familiar with one another because we've already seen each other during competitions many times even before we became training mates.