Falling For My Teacher: Chapter 8

Mr.Grayson (Kyle's) POV

"Anywhere"

I could see her expression change from nervous to shocked along with a redness creeping up her cheeks.

"Y-you don't have to do that. I'll be fine if you just take me home."

I swear this girl is to humble for her own good.

"My treat, now don't argue with me on this, ok?"

"Fine"

She quietly mumbles, failing to contain her smile as she pushes her sleeves on her jacket over her hands and looks out the window. I take this time to admire her features. Her big blue eyes sparkling in the sun. I would give anything just to hold her in my arms and never let go. Okay Kyle calm down, she's still your student. Let's take things a little slower.

"So, where are we going?"

"I decided to just drive us to the mall since I doubt you would want to answer right now. You can choose where we go next though."

I suggest, keeping my eyes focused on the road in front of me.

"Next?"

She looks at me and raises a curious eyebrow, clearly confused.

"Yeah next. Unless you want to go home after that."

"I guess it would be okay."

She answers a little more confidently. I've never met a human being who's voice sounded so smooth. It's as though I could listen to it all day.

~*~

Its been about twenty minutes and we finally arrive at the mall. I unbuckle my seat belt and shake Kenzie awake. As much as I love her sleeping face, we gotta go.

"Kenz, get up."

She turns away from me and curls into a ball. I definitely can't wake her up now. She seemed tired and I don't want to disrupt her nap. Especially since I was the one who volunteered for her to come. Guess the only thing I can do is sit and wait.

McKenzie's POV

I move around and realize I'm laying on something. Wait no not something, someone. I let my eyes flutter and see that I'm laying on Mr.Grayson.

"S-sorry, I don't know how I got on this side."

I frantically try to remove myself from of him but his arm is around my waist preventing me from doing so.

"The seat looked really uncomfortable for you so I moved you to my lap. So don't apologize.

He kisses my cheek and opens the drivers door letting me out. I couldn't help the blush creeping up my cheeks. I detach myself from him and step out the car, Kyle getting out after me.

"How long was I out?"

He shuts the door and locks the car.

"Well I got here about ten minutes ago so that's how long I was waiting for you to wake up. But you fell asleep in the car when we were half way there."

I can't help but feel embarrassed since he saw my sleeping face. God this is humiliating. I look at the ground, trying to hide my heated cheeks. I get embarrassed way to much. As if reading my thoughts he speaks.

"Don't worry, your sleeping face adorable Kenzie."

He gives me a reassuring smile and pokes me in the cheek. Which makes me even more embarrassed then I previously was. My nick name sounds good coming from his mouth, I'll have to admit.