Chapter 23 ~ The Mating Process

Before you read on there is a bit of mild sexual content in this chapter!

Jay’s P.O.V

Time.

Time can be your worst enemy.

Time.

Time can be your best friend.

Time.

Time can be the greatest form of torture.

Time.

Time can slip through your fingertips.

Time.

Time is something that the pack and I are running out of.

The time that Penny gave the pack to rest before training started ran out quickly and I spent that time getting to know Cameron all over again. We spent that days outside of the pack house running together in wolf form, going to theme parks and just doing anything that we found fun. When night came we watched all of our favourite movies cuddled up together and talked about everything and anything.

Camron barley slept in his room these days instead he was staying in my room because I couldn’t stand to be without him. Since we marked each other we couldn’t go long period of times without each other so every night Cameron and I shared my bed just to sleep of course! I wasn’t ready to complete the mating process yet. It wasn’t because I scared to lose my innocence it was more of the fact that I’m scared about what would happen afterwards because no one knew what would actually happen. We had some information that Seb told us when Cameron and I were captured but other than that we were going in blind.

It was getting harder and harder for us not to complete the mating and everyone around us could feel the sexual tension between us as well which is really embarrassing. But my wolf was the worst of all she’s constantly imagining jumping Cameron’s bones and she doesn’t hold back on the details either. She’s constantly horny. It was getting worse with every day that went by and in the pit of my stomach a fire was slowly brewing. I have no idea what’s going on with my wolf or my body and there’s only one person that I know I can go to.

“Penny!” I shouted as I barged into her office, the door slammed against the wall and everyone in the room turned their gaze to me. Penny, Leon and the pack warriors were all staring at me.

“What’s wrong Jay?” Penny asked looking at me with concern.

“Can I talk to you?” I paused and looked at everyone in the room. “Alone?”

“Of course.” Penny nodded and gave Leon a quick kiss, everyone got up and left Penny and I in her office alone. I took a seat opposite Penny and twiddled mu thumbs. “Jay is there something wrong?”

I sighed. “Yes. No. Maybe I don’t really know.”

“Why don’t you tell me what’s going on and then we can decide if it’s a matter of life and death.” She smiled. I nodded.

“You know that Cameron and I marked each other right?” She nodded. “Well ever since we did my wolf has been acting really strange and there’s a fire growing in my stomach.” I brought my gaze to meet Penny’s and I wish I hadn’t because she had that look in her eyes that said ‘I know something you don’t’ and she had a devious smile on her face.

“Tell me my daughter is your wolf acting horny?” She smirked. I blushed I could feel it creeping up my neck to my cheeks and I could only just manage to choke out a stuttered yes. Booming laughter echoed around her office followed by a thud. Penny was lying on the floor rolling around with tears streaming down her face clutching her stomach as she laughed.