Chapter 47

The sun peaks through the wood that was bolted against the window. My eyes were burning because I was so tired and my body felt weak. Roman had his head rested on my lap, soundly asleep while I played with his hair. Annie sat in the corner by the door to make sure no one tried to come in while Nate was asleep as well.

"So," I start quietly. "Do you and Meredith still talk?"

Annie raises her eyebrows. "Who?"

"Uh, Meredith," I repeat slowly. "You were at the wedding. You said that you were friends with the bride."

"Oh, yes! Meredith," Annie chuckles nervously. "Sorry, my brain is all over the place. And no, not really. We stopped speaking after your father died."

I look down and watch my fingers glide through Roman's hair before muttering, "Yeah, it's a pretty shitty deal."

"And he was drained of blood?" Annie shakes her head in disgust. "I'm very sorry for your loss, Elsie."

"Thanks," I whisper. Roman starts stirring and he eventually opens his eyes, sitting up. "Hi," I greet.

"Fuck," he groans, rubbing his eyes. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

I shrug. "You were tired."

His eyes squint when they make contact with the sun. "We should get out of here. I'm sure those fuckheads are long gone."

Nodding, I stand up and stretch. I was in desperate need of a shower, sleep, and most importantly, blood. After waking Nate up, we quietly sneak out of the barn just for extra precaution. Roman insists that I ride with him, and Annie offers to take my car. The ride was silent until I question Roman when he turned down an unfamiliar road.

"Where are we going?"

"You need to eat," he replies. "We both do."

I raise my eyebrows. "So, are we hunting?"

"No," he shakes his head with a small smirk. "We are going to rob a bank."

-

I had no idea what to expect when we first stepped into the blood bank. Roman was able to unlock the door and we snuck passed the security guard. Even if we did get caught, it wouldn't be hard to just compel him.

"How do you even know where to go?" I question.

"Can't you smell it?"

"I'm still human, not a wolf like Peter," I joke and he smiles, shaking his head. He opens a door and my mouth immediately begins watering as I stare at what is in front of us. Hundreds of blood bags were hanging from the ceiling with a few lab tables underneath. The lights were dim and Roman and I look each other, smiling widely before each grabbing a bag.

Immediately, I sink my teeth into the bag, ripping the plastic. The blood runs down my throat and it tasted absolutely amazing. Roman and I make eye contact as we both drink the thick, red liquid. He quickly finishes and discards it somewhere on the ground.

I watch as he rips one of the tubs from another bag, making it drip rapidly all over the floor. He grabs my chin and lifts it up before putting the tube above my mouth. I had blood coating my clothes, face, and hair. He smirks as I take off my coat and pull my shirt over my head. I wasn't wearing a bra and Roman immediately found that pleasurable.

"Let me fuck you," he mutters against my lips. "Right here."

Without hesitating, I nod. The tube is still dangling down the ceiling as my lips crash against his. I lift up his shirt and take it off, the fabric falling to our feet. Roman pulls away and starts leaving sloppy kisses on my neck. The air was hot and my body felt like it was on fire. My back arches as the blood continues to drip down my chest and stomach. Roman makes his way down my body, kissing and sucking on both my skin and blood that was coating it.