5. White Lies

The Lion King was tonight's pick, noted Johanna as she entered the movie room. Again, she was awed by the significance of such a home.

They even have their own personal theater.

The girl looked behind her to see a projector flashing above, making the gigantic screen in front light up with Simba's grief stricken face as he tried waking his dead father up.

The family bunch was up in front, snuggled into a red velvet couch that was placed in the middle, different from the red cushioned chairs that surrounded it. She awkwardly sat next to Rebecca in one of these chairs, since the couch was only designed to hold three people. It's not like Johanna minded that anyway.

"I see you finally found your way here." John commented, taking a sip from his glass but not bothering to look over at her. River was already sound asleep, his little body curled up into a ball between John and his wife.

Johanna nodded. "Yeah I just followed the sound."

"Would you like anything? Snacks? Drinks?" Rebecca asked.

Johanna wrapped her arms around her legs, placing her chin on her knees and stared up at the movie. Scar stared evilly back, his toothy smile wicked with pride.

"No thank you."

"Oh ok, just don't be afraid to ask." Rebecca glanced down suddenly, finally noticing her son's slumber. "John can you put him to bed? Little guy is already tuckered out."

John gulped the last swig of his drink, hopping up from the couch. "Sure. Nap time was in about thirty minutes anyway." He said, gently scooping the boy into his arms.

Rebecca paused the movie when he left the room, she turned to Johanna. Her pretty features had taken on a eery look from the dim lighting. Everything seemed more noticeably silent.

"Want to see something cool?" She asked, her smile widening in a manner like of Scar's. It took everything in Johanna not to look away in fright. It was after all just the two of them now, and the young girl still itched with an uneasy feeling about this woman, even though she has been proven wrong before.

Why even come here if you're just going to question and be distrustful of everyone? Johanna asked herself, but deep within her she already knew the answer.

"Sure."

"Clap three times."

Johanna did what she was told. By the third clap the lights above flashed on, illuminating the whole room.

"Whoah..." Johanna uttered, looking all around her in astonishment. Any traces of doubt were quickly stripped away. Rebecca seemed satisfied with this reaction, glee shining in her eyes.

"I'm guessing you never been to a home like this?"

Johanna shook her head no. "Never, I lived in a very small town."

The older woman tucked a brown curl behind her ear in interest, knowing she was now getting somewhere. "Oh? What town?"

"Powderly, Kentucky." A deep voice answered for her.

Both of them turned around to see John standing by the doorway, the green EXIT sign looming over his head. He strolled over and plopped down next to his wife, his arm naturally wrapped around her waist as he got comfortable. Blue and green eyes were on Johanna now, waiting.