"Normal life" (20)

Brett

My hand clutches Alex's tightly as we weave our way through the many bystanders who have no clue what just happened.

I spot the police station and I start walking faster. I can hear Jasmine is having a hard time trying to keep on but Alex refuses to let go of her hand as she says to just leave her here.

"We're almost there."

After what feels like a decade I pull open the door to the station and I let go of Alex's hand so he can lead Jasmine to a chair.

"Hi. My name is Brett Anderson and I'm here with my boyfriend, Alex Davenport, and his mother Jasmine."

The chubby officer looks up from his computer and raises his eyebrows.

"State your business here boy."

I look at Alex and he nods his head silently telling me to go ahead. "We've been kidnapped."

⭕️⭕️

Alex

We've been sitting in the police station for two and a half hours. So far two different people, a man and a woman, have been in to ask me the same boring questions.

'How long have you been gone for?'

'Do you know your kidnapper?'

'What was his motive?'

'How do you know Brett Anderson?'

'Who is Jasmine to you?'

Jasmine was transferred to the hospital before the questioning and as far as I know- they've kept me updated- she's out of surgery and in recovery.

My eyes are droopy and my head feels heavy. I just want to go home and sleep. I have no clue what I'm supposed to do anymore.

I guess, Jasmine could live with me in my old house. But what about Brett? Will he come live with us? Will he go back to his home?

I haven't seen him since we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the detectives to arrive.

The worst thing I could ever think of comes to mind. Will he leave me? Break up with me because of all the shit I've put him through? I almost cost him his life. .twice. Oh no. Oh no.

He's going to leave me, I know it.

I noise at the door makes me shoot up straight in my seat and turn my head at a painful angle.

"Brett." I push myself out of the uncomfortable chair and throw my arms around his neck. He rubs soothing circles around my back and places his face in the crook of my neck.

"Hey, baby. How are you holding up? Are you hungry? Have you eaten?" He puts his hands on either side of my face, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You sound like those detectives; asking me one question after another." I smile at Brett and he responds by kissing my forehead.

"I'm just looking out for you is all."

"I know. I love you."

Brett and I hold each other for a few minutes more until the lady, Ms. Bentley, who questioned me earlier, walks in with a tray of coffees.

"Coffee anyone?" She places the tray on the table and I take a seat in the chair. Brett pulls a chair up next to me and immediately intertwines our fingers.

Ms. Bentley takes the cup of coffee closest to her and sits in a chair across from Brett and I. I grab one of the cups and sip quietly; overfilled with the joy of drinking a fresh cup of coffee.

"Okay, let's begin. Alex you mentioned to me earlier that your kidnapper is your father?"

My breath hitches in my throat and I turn towards Brett. He squeezes my hand reassuringly and urges me to go on.

"Yes, Damien Davenport."

"Why don't you tell my why you think he would kidnap and torture his own son and his son's..."

She squints her eyes a little bit at Brett and it's clear she's not sure what to say.

"Boyfriend." Brett fills in for her.

"Yes, thankyou. Okay Alex, you may proceed."

I blow out a breath and run a hand through my hair. "Where do I begin?"

⭕️⭕️

"And, that's that." My throat feels as sore as ever and I realize that I haven't had a glass of water in a while. That coffee did nothing to quench my thirst.

I can almost imagine the crisp, cool, water running down my throat. Mmm.

"Can I have some water, please?"

Ms. Bentley nods her head and stands up out of the chair. She hasn't said one word in the past two minutes since I finished sharing my life story.

She looks almost relieved to leave the room. Her face is pale and she looks as if she's about to lose her lunch at any minute.

The door closes behind her and I turn to my beautiful boyfriend. "Brett," I say, "I think I need to leave the country and change my name."

Brett looks at me weirdly and starts to laugh. "Why do you need to do that?"

"Because. . .well, I'm just embarrassed of how my life came to be you know? Every time I will tell someone what happened in my past they will look the other way, I'm sure of it."

He looks at me for a few seconds and then dips his head down, bringing my hand up to meet his warm lips.

"Baby, listen to me. You shouldn't worry about what other people know or think of your past. Because that's what it is; your past. Right now it's your present and you have no choice but to embrace it and make the best of what you still have. You have me and you have Jasmine and I think that's all you need. I will take care of you. Jasmine will take care of you. You are not alone, Alex. I can promise you that.

"We can have a normal life. Get out of high school. Go to college together. . .get married one day. Adopt kids. Grow old together and most importantly of all, love each other eternally.

He puts his hands on both sides of my face and smiles, "I love you, Alex."

I wipe away the few tears that slid down Brett's cheek as he was speaking, "I love you to baby. So much."

THE END

—————

Well, that's it. I honestly was going to continue it further but I have plans so don't fret. I'm planning on adding a couple/ a few bonus chapters or epilogues that are basically jumped into the future, you know, graduating high school and all that jazz. But I had so so much fun writing this book and this is the first ever book that I have been so committed to. 20 chapters may not be a lot but either way I feel like this book is my best work. I love all my readers and I still can't believe my book is at 1K reads!

Until next time 💕 

-ayzha

p.s.- i might be thinking about a sequel but I have no clue what to base it on so drop some ideas in the comments! 😁