Chapter 29 - Together At Last

A/N: OKAY! NEW UPDATE BECAUSE I'M FEELING LIKE IT! HOPE YOU ENJOY!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'm Woken from my sleep with the sounds of several gunshots. 

I jolt up straight causing Conner to awaken.

He sit's up straight and looks at me.

I nod.

He grab's whatever he owner and I follow suit.

We climb down the ladder and run towards the gun shots.

We stop dead in our tracks when we see a meadow and my group in it taking out walkers.

Conner looks at me again and I nod.

We both take out our guns and help from a distance.

As soon as Conner fires all heads turn towards us.

Everyone smiles at me and looks at Conner and their smiles grow, they turn back to shooting and I do the same.

After all the walkers are gone, Jake ran over to me and enveloped me into a tight hug.

"Damn you for running off" He said.

"I got split from you guys! Not my fault" I address to everyone when Jake pulls away.

"Who's this?" Maddie ask's pointing to Conner.

"Oh! This is Conner! I found him in a tree house I was staying in, He is 13, Conner this is Maddie, Jake, Cole, Nick, Richard and Ashley" I introduce Conner to everyone while pointing to everyone.

Conner's eyes widen in fear as he looks at something, He immediately raises his gun and shoots a walker right behind Maddie.

Maddie's eyes widen as she runs to Conner hugging him.

"Thank you Con!" Maddie said to Conner.

Conner laughed.

"So where do we go now?" I ask.

"Back to the tree house?" Conner answered my question with another question.

"I don't know Conner, We need to find a ca-" I cut myself off

"How about we secure the tree house? with padded walls to keep warm, Build on to the tree house and have the other trees holding it up? build bridges?" I ask slightly amused with my idea.

Everyone's face's lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Yea!" Was Conner's reply.

Everyone else nodded.

So that's what we did.

We gathered supplies from warehouses around town

And started building.

No walkers disturbed us what so ever. 

The first tree house that was done was Conner's and mine.

We had the walls built and it was actually warm in here.

Everyone stayed in our Tree house until there's was built.

Over the next three months everyone had a tree house build near by, rope bridges connecting us.

We seemed almost...

Happy.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A/N: OK THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I NEEDED TO PUT IT OUT SO THIS SHORT ONE AIN'T THE ONE COMING OUT SATURDAY. YES THERE IS A FEW MONTHS SKIPPED IN THIS CHAPTER, THEY DO LIVE IN TREE HOUSE'S THAT ARE VERY SECURED, THERE IS ROPE BRIDGES CONNECTING THEM. IF YOU GUYS WANT HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHO SHARES TREE HOUSES? I CAN DEDICATE A AUTHORS NOT TO IT! ANYWAYS ANY QUESTIONS? LEAVE THEM IN THE COMMENTS!

~Mitchell

Xoxo