Chapter 53 - Internet

A/N: SO I JUST GOT HOME FROM MY NANS FUNERAL, AND DECIDED TO GET MY MIND OFF THINGS.... HERE IS A UPDATE :/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Mitchell's P.O.V
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The gates creek loudly as someone opens them for us, we drive in and speed to the hospital.

When we reach the hospital I kill the engine, opening my down I hop out, Conner looks lightheaded so lift him up and rush into the hospital.

I burst through the doors, "Help! Someone was bit!" I scream. Almost immediately four doctors in light blue come to our attention.

"Name?" One asks with a clip bored.

"Conner" I answer.

"Age?" The doctor asks another question.

"14" I answer.

"How long ago was he bitten?" The doctor answers.

"About a hour ago, maybe longer" I answer quickly, the drive back was faster, I was in a rush.

A doctor lays Conner on a stretcher and starts to wheel him away.

I go to follow but the doctor stops me.

"We have to do this alone, this is the first bite we had seance the cure, were not sure how it works" The doctor tells us.

"I will update you guys on it later, for now you may go home and rest of sit in the waiting area" The doctor says, gesturing to the waiting area, with about five people in it.

Me and Madison stare at the male doctor as he walks away from us to behind the desk.

I sigh and slowly walk to the waiting area, plumping down into a soft, fabric chair.

I look at the other people around me, there all twiddling their thumbs, except one guy, he is on a computer?

"Excuse me sir, I'm just wondering how you have a computer without internet?" I ask.

He looks at me and answers.

"We have internet, you don't know that?" The man asks.

Mine and Madison's eyes widen in surprise.

"Internet?" I say to her.

"Internet." She reply's.

"Do you mind if I use your computer?" I ask.

"No problem!" He says, clicking a few buttons and passing it to me.

I look to see what he has up, Google.

I think on what to search.

I decide to search '2033' the year this happened.

In a matter of seconds a few things pop up.

'The End Is Here!' and 'Zombies Take Over' and 'The Cure' I snicker at the things that pop up, all about the end, well guess what? We survived!

I decide to go to Facebook.

I try and think of my e-mail, remembering it I enter it, then my password.

After a moment of loading, my Facebook home page pops up.

I look around it and see I have seven messages, too-hundred notifications, and zero friends online.

I look at my profile picture, a picture of me, Austin, and Maria. I frown a little but ignore it.

I click on my messages and see that there from a few people I know, saying that something is wrong and stuff, all sent three years ago.

I decide not to go through my notifications, it would take to long, instead I click 'My Profile' and watch as it loads up.

I check the most recent status, which reads, "Beach With My Family! I love you all" And I frown at this too.

I decide to update my status, "Sitting in British Columbia, I beat this world" And I hit post.

I snicker as I go to sign off, just as a green light flashes in my friends online, singling someone is on.

I look at the name, "Maria Power" I get slightly confused and get a notification, 'Maria Power Commented On Your Status' I immediately click it and read the comment.

"Glad you made it, me and your son are dead if you remember" The comments says.

I start to breath weirdly.

"What?" Madison demands.

"Maria Sh-..." I stop and point to the screen.

"There is nothing there..." Madison tells me and I close my eyes, opening them I see no comment and no one online....

I sigh.

I sign out of Facebook and hand Madison the computer.

~~
Time Skip
~~

It has been about three hours of sitting, now its just me and Madison, finally the male doctor comes out.

"Whats the news?" I ask quickly.

The doctor looks at me.

"We managed to re-store some muscles, and stitch the wound up, we gave him so pain killers to ease the pain but we got some bad news also" the doctor tells us.

"What is is?" I demand.

"We tested his blood and.... he has the infection in his system, we don't know what will happen to him, but he may go home" The doctor tells me.

I fill with joy and sadness.

"Come on out" The doctor yells a little to loud.

In a second Conner walks out, in a limp and with a cane.

"We suggest keeping the cane for three days, and we will try getting him to walk on his own in three days also. Make sure he takes these" the doctor hands me a bottle of pills, "Everyday twice a day, break feast and before bed" I nod, understanding.

"Lets go home" I say to Conner as we leave the hospital.

~~
Time Skip
~~

After dropping the truck off to Aaron we walk home, Conner not in much pain.

I close my door and hear Colin.

"Oh My Go What Happened!!!" I hear Colin scream.

Oh shit, forgot about him.

I smile to myself, feeling lucky that we made it this far.

I eat supper and lay in bed, falling into a deep and dreamless sleep.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
A/N: SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATE! DECIDED WE NEEDED A SHORTER ONE FOR A CHANGE! ALSO, I HAVE BAD NEWS.... THIS STORY IS COMING TO A END! I WOULD SAY MAYBE.... TWO MORE CHAPTERS? MAYBE SEVEN IF YOUR LUCKY!

~Mitchell

XOxoox