ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 10

Vote and comment 💕📖

Esma had passed out on the couch last night. I left her a note saying that I'd be checking in at the computer system.

I entered the lift with Faith walking in after me. She was holding a pile of notebooks from her class of Cupids. Her red hair is tied up in a ponytail and wearing a blue shirt and black pants.

"Good morning Everton. No Esma today?" She asks.

"She's asleep in my cottage." I say.
Faith lifts her eyebrows and smirks at me.

"What are you two up to?" She questions, searching my eyes for more information.

I awkwardly laugh. "Not like that, Faith. She's just a friend."

"Sure, sure." She nods.

I roll my eyes. Her match will come, and she will be gone in twenty-seven days.

"Anyway, I have a class starting in five minutes. You should bring Esma up to meet the kids." Faith suggested.

"Yeah, we might come around later today." I agreed.

The lift door opened and I stepped out, saying bye to Faith.

I walked along the corridor to the computer room where many Cupid's were working.
I opened the door and sat at the chair that was across from the room.
I move my finger along the pad, waking up the computer.

The red colour was no longer filling the country of America.
Now it's searching twenty little countries at once.
After it searches the tiny lands, it will move onto much bigger countries.
I frown. It's really rare this happens.

A message beeps on my iMatch.
My father wants to see me.

I take the lift again to the highest level of the building. I walk out and meet the same old grumpy lady at the desk.
She glances up at me for a second then looks back down at her computer.

"You can go straight in." She says.

"Thanks." I say.
I push open the door that says my last name on it.

I walk into the room, it's a bit darker than normal but much cleaner. My father sits at his desk and smiles at me.

"Ah, here you are. Any luck on finding a match for this girl yet?" He asks me.

"No, unfortunately." I inform him.
I took a seat in the couch-like chair in front of his wooden desk.

"Well hopefully it will be soon, I'm sure she's sick and tired of you by now." He laughs.

I chuckle and shake my head.
"She'll live." I shrug.

"Anyway, I called you in because I have an urgent appointment I need to go to and I need to ask you a favour." He says, leaning his forearms on the desk. "I have a task for you, and your the only one that seems to be able to do it."

"What is it, father?"

"I need you to find someone. I'll give you their details in a second... and I need you to give them this." He hands me a yellow package.
I take it from him and analyse it.
It's light and thin.

I frown. "What is it?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you." He says. "But it's important. I'm running the details through to your iMatch now."

I stood up. Okay?

"And before you go," he proceeds. "Don't search for anymore information on this person. Only use the information on your iMatch."

I nod. I'm confused, worried and curious. I'm not really sure how to react or feel about this. But I trust that my father knows what he's doing. So I might as well get it over and done with. I turn the thin package around in my hands as I walk out my fathers office.

I meet Esma back at my cottage. She's awake and cooking something that smells delicious in the kitchen. I shut the door behind me and walk up the the bench, placing the yellow package on the shelf.

"What's that?" She asks.

"Just something my dad needs me to deliver." I say. I change the subject before she questions it any further. "Is that bacon and eggs?"

"It sure is." She smiles. "Fancy a tea?"

"Sure." I say smiling.
I watch as she pours the tea into small mugs and places it in front of me.

I can't help but imagine that we are living together.
It seems like we are and it's slightly freaking me out.
I shake the thought out of my mind before I think any further.

"Faith invited us to see the kids today." I mention.

Esma looked up from the frying pan. "Oh I'd love to see them, she's the teacher, right?"

"Yep." I say, taking a sip of my tea.
Peppermint I taste.
"We will go after I eat this delicious meal." I say picking up my knife and fork.

Esma hides a smile but manages to keep a straight looking face.
"Who says it's for you?"

I give her an amused look. "Very funny."

She takes the plate from in front of me just as I was about to dig in. "No, seriously." she raises her eyebrows.

Then I watch as she takes the fork out my hand stabbing it in the bacon and putting it in her mouth. She smiles at me.

I think back to when I did the same to her. "Touché."

I stand up to grab my own eggs and bacon out the pan as she sits down to eat, satisfied with what she did.