ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 20

This will be a long chapter:)

*****************************

"Can I punch him?" I whisper to Esma as we approach her parents house.

"No." she laughed.

"just a little bit?" I smile.

She rolls her eyes at me. "Just so you know I don't act that way really. Especially now looking back on that situation. Adam needs to lift his game, I have high expectations, you know." she smirks.

"So high that the system is trying to find someone to handle them." I shoot back as she gave me a glare and a light punch on my arm.

"Hey!" I say, widening my eyes.

She punches my arm a little harder.

"You right there?" I say rubbing where she punched me. She knocked on the door.

"And that's for everything else." She says hinting a smile. Before I could question her on what everything else was, the door opened.

"Esma! Darling I haven't seen you for ages." A woman with blonde hair in curls came out opening her arms, bringing Esma into a hug.

A taller broader man with brown eyes came out behind Mrs Yates, smiling as he embraced his daughter with a hug too.

Mrs Yates turned to me with a smile, her eyes scanning my face.

"And who might his handsome fellow be?" She holds out her hand.

"Hi Mrs Yates, I'm Everton." I say a bit nervous as I shake her hand.

She grins turning around to her daughter. "Esma have you come tell me that I will be having grandchildren from you after all?"

Esma's eyes widened. "Mum! no, he's not my boyfriend." she laughs nervously.

"Well that's a shame," she turns back to me. "You will be soon right?"

"Ah..." I had no idea what on earth to say.

"Mum." Esma said sternly as she pulled her mother away from me.

Which left Mr Yates standing in front of me. oh crud. In full well knowing I'm not her boyfriend, the guy makes me feel like one.

"Mr Yates." I nod holding out my hand.

"Everton." he shakes my hand giving me a short smile. "Been looking after my girl have you?"

"Yes Sir." I say smiling awkwardly.

"Good, so I wont have to show you my axe?" he raises an eyebrow.

I gulp. So this is how Humans threaten other people's lovers to make sure they are in line.

"Dad, for the last time, he's not my boyfriend, you can stop torturing him." Esma says appearing behind him.

Sorry. she mouthed to me.

I follow them into the wooden floor and white wall house. We all gather around the kitchen as Mrs Yates takes out water glasses.

"Apologies, Everton," Mrs Yates started. "But Esma hasn't brought a boy home before." She smiles.

Never? I was quite surprised.

"I find that hard to believe." I say chuckling. "Although she can be a bit of a handful."

"Oh she can be." Her mother says jokingly. Esma rolls her eyes, grabbing her water and taking a gulp.

"This is exactly why I don't bring boys home, you know. Because of you crazy people." She points at her parents.

"Well we haven't scared him off yet...which means he must be a keeper." Mrs Yates winks.