Chapter 135-Opening Hostilities

Hi guys, currently working on multiple writing projects at once, along with my 9-6 job ofc so can't talk much. Thank you all for reading and commenting, and as always, if you want the latest updates on chapter updates and what's to come, follow me. Also, I gave an interview with the Wattzombie profile which you can find here if you're curious about the man behind the profile. 

https://www.wattpad.com/528886574-wattzombie-interviews-nine-paths-with-mtalternity

Anyways, talk is cheap. Here's the story

"Talk is cheap! Let's fight!" Lineir said and the Grand Ancestor cackled.

"As you wish fool!" He said and immediately attacked first. A roaring molten hot beast appeared from his fist. It resembled a red orange gorilla with massive chest muscles. 

GROOOOAAAAARRR!!

The flaming gorilla charged at Lineir in the air with his Phoenix Flame wings. The world began to drizzle in an instant as the coming storm which had been following Lineir arrived at the city! Everyone in the city was afflicted a strange frenetic feeling, but they were not driven to Madness as Lineir carefully controlled the storm. However, now that the snow was gone...this place was his battlefield!

Tsssssss Tssss Tssssss

The drops landed on the flaming gorilla and evaporated on it, leaving behind traces of a fine mist. However, the technique of the Grand Ancestor who had been lingering on the border of the Celestial Realm for thousands of years now was far too powerful to negate with mere rain. It continued onwards and Lineir fought back swinging Mei to meet the threat.

Lightning Slash!!

The crescent of lightning cut deep into the gorilla, which was as big as a hill, but failed to completely penetrate it!

KACHA!!!

"Crap, his technique is too large, I haven't mastered the Art of Authority, gotta block this!" Lineir's expression changed as the flame gorilla roared and smashed the Lightning Slash into pieces with its hands the size of a house! He barely had time to raise Mei to block before the technique was upon him!

FWOOOOOOOOOSH

The fiery gorilla smashed into the black blade fists first! Surging flames and droplets of magma shot out from the impact bifurcated into two streams by the black blade! 

"Haaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!" Lineir grunted as he imbued the power of Darkness into his blade and finally split the flame gorilla technique in half. Despite having hit it with a Lightning Slash before, he was still shoved back 500 meters in the sky! His skin was cracked and ashen from the intense heat and he suffered bruising but he grinned all the same!

"Hahaha, old fart, your fist is quite good!" He called out. The Grand Ancestor chuckled as well, rushing forwards in the air to engage Lineir once more!

"That was merely one of my ranged techniques. True fist techniques are close ranged. Eat this!" He yelled as he closed in Lineir. Lineir immediately ascended higher into the sky. 

"Crap. This guy's cultivation base is a mess. However, he's definitely been cultivating for thousands of years and can probably compare to an initial Celestial cultivator at this point. I can't fight him in a melee, he'll pummel me down before my Qi can regenerate!" Lineir realized that even though his foundation was much more profound and could regenerate Qi at high speed, he couldn't contend with the ancestor in a head on fight. It would be like trying to fight a desert with a lake. Even if the lake was refilled constantly by the rain it would be drowned out by the desert if placed inside!

BOOOOOM!!!

The Grand Ancestor, who resembled a middle aged man in his 40s unleashed another flaming fist but at a much closer range! A pure mountainous volcano appeared,

Volcanic Flame Fist!

Lineir who had been rising into the air backwards grimaced. However, the rain was growing heavier and his confidence increased as his altitude rose!

"Ugh. If I had two blades this would be a lot easier. But I had to send the Wei girls away there was no choice. Whatever, this just means I'll learn more from this battle fighting with my own power!" Lineir tightened his palms which had begun to sweat lightly from the intense heat around the black blade. He was still using this fight to train himself though he was beginning to feel the pressure of fighting an old monster who really should have broken through long ago. To be honest, the Grand Ancestor was actually one of those freaks in his youth who purposely resisted breaking through  to the next level to further enhance their foundation! However, there was a tragic accident when he was ready to take the final step and ever since he had been stuck at this level, unable break through! 

Bang!!!! Bang!!! Bang!!!!

Lineir was forced to parry the flaming fists with his blade and was knocked higher and higher into the sky with every punch as flames shot around and caused huge plumes of steam to appear in the storm! Below, the citizens of Snowfall Citadel gasped and pointed at the sky!

"The Grand Ancestor!"

"I've never seen him before, did someone offend the Jin Clan??"

"This rain...I don't know why but when I stand in it my heart begins to pound and I feel so restless! I feel like I am not just watching the fight but participating!" 

The bystanders discussed their experiences as they watched the spectacular match in the sky. Flaming fist met black blade time and time again as peals of lightning and fire splashed out in every which way. This was the grandest battle Snowfall Citadel had experienced since the Snow God's rise to ascension!

"Damnit! I'm not too worried about losing, I can actually break through a minor realm even though I just advanced to this one and use the Tribulation Lightning to target him if I have to. But breaking through a minor realm right after a major one will have consequences for my future cultivation. It's too risky I'll only use it in a truly deadly situation. I can also use THAT other trump card. I was hoping to win this fight with my own powers though." Lineir thought to himself as he was pushed up and up. Each blow exhausted more of his strength and since the old man had attacked first he had been constantly on the defensive. 

"DAMNIT if I wait I won't have enough Qi to use it. I have to activate it now!" Lineir high in the sky suddenly borrowed the force of one of the flaming fists to back-flip and then dive-bomb the ground! As he did the old Grand Ancestor followed him down cackling,

"Where are you running? This is my city and there is nowhere you can hide!!! AHAHAHAH!!!!"