13. Cute Dimples

SKYLAR

SKYLAR

That night, I couldn't seem to fall asleep so I ended up quietly knocking on the door to Madelaine's dorm. When the door didn't open, I knocked once more. However, Madelaine didn't open it. Since she preferred late night study, she always stayed up late. I felt my stomach twist, anxiousness making me swallow the lump in my throat several times.

Before I could knock once more, the door swung fully open I found a weeping Madelaine with watery red eyes and cheeks standing in front of me.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked, hurriedly stepping inside and shutting the door before embracing her into a tight hug.

Madelaine sobbed for a long time in my embrace before I managed to lead her to the bed where we snuggled up together and she rested her head on my chest.

I frowned as she continues to sob. "If you don't stop crying I'm going to have to change my shirt."

Madelaine's sobbing came to a halt and she gently drew back to face me. I frowned upon her gorgeous hazel eyes, which were extremely red along with her cheeks being wet with tears.

"Hey, what happened? Did you call your parents? Did they say something?" I asked, worriedly.

I wiped her tears as she shook her head in reply. God, she looked like a baby when she cried even though she was the mature one and I was the one who constantly cried over little things like a kid.

"I met Rachel a few minutes ago," she whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks one more.

Rachel Adams.

She was the school's princess. Everyone adored her, both from up close and from afar, including the teachers. Her kindness, generosity, respect and smile made everyone's day and life better here at this boarding school. Will Harris was her boyfriend. In other words, her Prince Charming. Madelaine Watson was her everlasting sister. She had it all. Happiness, rich, family, popularity, smart, beauty and perfection. She lived in a fairytale without any villain. It was a perfect fairytale until 1st September of 2017, around five months ago when tragedy struck and she returned as the complete opposite.

That was Rachel Adams. The story of the school's bad girl.

"What did she say?" I asked, her face cupped in my palms.

"I tried...I tried so hard to apologize. I apologized so many times, but she's just not ready to forgive me. I think she just declared that the 17 years long friendship we shared has ended," she replied, failing to hold the tears back.