41. First Dance & First Kiss

RACHEL

RACHEL

The party was in full swing when I entered the massive hall room with my arm linked with Elliot's. The hall room was decorated with colorful disco lights hanging on the roof, glittery decorations and a huge red banner where "Welcome Seniors" was written on it with sparkly white letters.

The music was loud, almost vibrating through me and seniors were spread out on the whole dance floor, talking, laughing, tasting snacks and drinks and of course dancing. A wild and joyful atmosphere was created among everyone and I had never felt so pumped up to let my body swing along with the rhythm of the music.

This is just how imagined it to be. What I didn't imagine was my condition. I never saw it coming. However, tonight I wanted to happy.

"Minute by minute," I said, Elliot's voice mixing up with mine at the same time. I rapidly glanced at Elliot who was already smiling at me before I could.

They say every guy looks handsome in tuxedos, but the way Elliot rocked that black tuxedo, the tie in contrast to his white shirt and the white rose pinned to the pocked on his chest, stating that Elliot looked handsome tonight would've been the understatement of the year. I didn't have the words to describe how handsome he was in that tuxedo. And the excitement across his face made his whole face light up.

"You okay?" He asked, gently taking my hand in his, giving it a light squeeze.

Pressing out a approving smile, I nodded. "Yes. I am okay. "

For a brief moment, Elliot's eyes traveled up and down my dress. My dress was sparkly white, resting just above my knee and it fitted me perfectly well. Maddie straightened my hair and applied my makeup. After what Elliot said to me, I didn't cover my scars with foundation.

To be honest, I was scared to show up here, because I wasn't the Rachel I used to be anymore. Especially with these scars. However, nobody threw me any judgmental looks. Some smiled while others briefly waved in our direction.

"Oh, my god! Skylar's stunned voice pulled me out of my thoughts. Skylar, Maddie, Vici and Will stood before us, smiling of immense excitement and happiness.

"Elliot, you look so handsome!" Skylar said, giving him a short hug.

"Thanks, Sky. You look really pretty yourself. So do you two, Mads and Vici," he said, smiling.

While Elliot and Will went shopping for a tuxedo together earlier today, us girls dragged Vici to the mall as well to buy her a dress. I knew she would say yes to Will. I just knew it.