33. Tori & Willie

Dedicated to shuchileena10

VICTORIA

A few hours later, after we were done unpacking, Elliot and Will joined us in my dorm to play board games together.
We were having a lot fun together. Just talking, laughing and joking about lots of things and eating delicious snacks. The girls called it a welcome back/welcome to high school party. I must admit that I was having a really good time.

However, it didn't last as long as I wanted it to.

I was putting a piece of candy in my mouth when the others suggested that we should play another board game.

"I brought a board game. The woman I lived with gave it to me as a memory to remember her by. We used to play it together," I said.

Rachel smiled and I got up on my feet and opened my suitcase on my bed. The others continued to carry on with their conversations while I looked for the board game. Not being able to find it, I tucked my hand into the inside pocket. Suddenly, my fingers touched something small and made of plastic. Reaching for it, I pulled it out of the pocket. Just like that, my heart stopped when my gaze froze on a small bag that fitted in my trembling hand. The thing that destroyed me was currently in my hand and  I just stood still like a statue.

Suddenly, as if someone hit me, my whole body jumped back as I dropped the drug on the floor and a loud and terrified scream escaped my mouth. Rachel was the first one to react and leaped towards me with an extremely concerned face. "Vici! What's wrong?" She asked, rapidly.

I didn't reply. My palms covered my mouth and I continued to stare at the drug lying on the floor with a horrified expression. My heart was beating extremely fast and loudly and my pulse was drumming violently against the skin of my damaged wrists.

The other were completely confused of what was happening. Will was looking at me with a worried expression while Madelaine picked up the small bag. After they looked at it for too long, their expressions changed in a blink.

"It looks like weed or something," Madelaine said as they all stared at me with expressions I couldn't figure out the meaning of. I rapidly turned to Rachel who was the only one apart from Elliot who wasn't looking at me like the rest were.

"I-I swear, I didn't bring that with me. I have no idea where it came from. I promise," I told her.

"Hey, hey, calm down. It's okay," she said, reassuringly before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and taking her other hand in mine to comfort me.