Misunderstood

I went to school the next day, furious and confused. Trent and his bipolar attitude made me annoyed. He needs to make up his mind and apologize to me.

"Hey Kayyyyy" Melanie sing song slapping my butt, I jumped.

What a greeting.
"Hey" I dragged putting in my combination
"What's wrong with you?" She asked leaning against a locker. Her locker was in the south wing, I still don't know how she manages to make it to class on time after the bell rings.
"Trent is what's wrong. He's so—ughrr" I stressed.
I felt the veins in my neck bulge out.
"Trouble in paradise"
I slammed my locker shut, glaring at her.
"I do not like Trent"
"Yeah. You say that now but don't say I didn't tell you so. It may not happen now but it will happen" she sang walking away.
"Melanie where are going?" She fanned me off skipping down the hall, students gave her side eyes.
"What are you looking at?" She yelled two 9th graders I knew, they flinched in fear backing themselves into a corner.

I rolled my eyes picking my bag up off the floor.
"Yo Kendyl" A guy I didn't, said approaching me with a smug look on his face.
I narrowed my gaze.
"What do you want jock?"
He smiled placing his hand on a locker to hold his body weight, as he shifted his feet.
"Nice to see you too. The names Tyler"

I blinked emotionlessly.

"I'll get to the point. Did you hear? Trent got detention" he rubbed his nonexistent chin hair.

Ah. So he's one of Trent's friends.

"Why are you telling me this? This has nothing to do with me" I walked off in the direction he came. He followed closely behind.
"On the contrary my dear. It haseverything to do with you. The guy nearly killed me" I stopped to face him. Examining his once perfect face.
"Is that why you got a busted lip and bruised chin?"
He smiled
"Serves you right"
"Look. I want to apologize. Trent had nothing to do with the video, it was all me. The guy beat me to a pulp to take it down. Jonah had to stop him wore it for worse. He's a nice guy Kendyl."

Who is Jonah? All these names are so confusing.

"Really? Or are you just saying that because he's your friend?"
"Kendyl I'm being serious" he was. His playful demeanor faded into something more how do I say this... less of an asshole.
"He's a good guy. We weren't friends before the team, Trent's like my brother now and I will do anything for him.

I admit I crossed the line, but I'm willing to apologize for it. Kendyl I'm sorry" We were standing in the middle of the hallway, students watched us, murmuring.

He took my silence as answer do to the most dramatic thing ever.
"KENDYL PLEASE QUEEN OH YOUR HIGHNESS" he knelt down on one knee holding my hands in his, kissing the back of them.

"Tyler get up!" I hissed struggling to pry my hands from his lips.
Ew this was gross.
"I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL I AM FORGIVEN YOUR HIGHNESS"
Students pulled out their camera phones laughing at Tyler's antics. I was extremely embarrassed, I hated being the center of attention.
"Alright Already. I forgive you. Now get up" I grunted as he finally released my hands, my fingers were red and numb.

Stupid Tyler.

"What's going on here? Get to class. The late bell rang already"

Assistant Principal Mr.Marcus yelled. His shiny pale bald head was red in anger and frustration.

Students scurried out the halls like mice.

Trent oh you big tard. Every time I try to hate you, you do something like this.