Bride Price

Check out my other works:
The Contract
Black Or White
Wi-Fi
Tales By Moonlight

...

"You know I cannot commit such atrocity my love. I cannot sleep with anothers wife." Tomori stressed, looking away as she moved to untie her once white wrapper. It was now brown and dirty, showing all she had to suffer just to make sure there was no red on it. Brown and black was allowed, but not red. Not yet.

"I would rather die than be called the wife of that animal." She hissed. "Yet you are his wife anyways, and until we leave his territory, you would always be his wife." He replied.

"My lord, I'm beginning to think that you don't want me any more." Abebi sniffles and he freezes in discomfort. "My loyalties have been sworn to the king since I became a warrior."

"You had better choose one, your loyalties to your king, or your loyalty to me."

...

The prophecy was simple, only Abebi could give the aged king a son, only she could bear the heir to the throne.

Thrown into a marriage she despised, Abebi runs away with her lover, the head warrior of the village, in search of refuge and another life.

But fate has other plans, as the king is not ready to have his only chance of having a son slip through his fingers.

Cue bloodshed and war, it's a fight of survival, and a quest for freedom.

...

For Tomori to finally get his wife, he must pay the highest bride price.

He must pay with his life.

For every love story comes with a price.

...

Book Cover was made by dimplesofficial You can follow her for amazing covers.

Setting: Old Oyo Kingdom, Nigeria.

Glossary (words you might find in the book)

Abi, shaybi, shay, sef, don't have specific meanings. They are only used for emphasis and the sentence means the same with or without them.

Oba : King
Aremo : Crown Prince
Olori : Head queen
Are-Ona-Kakanfo - head warrior
Oyomesi- kingmaker
Baale - equivalent to governors
gods you might see- Sango, Obba, Oshun, Ifa, Ogun.

Bride prices were and still are important in Nigeria. So when a man comes to officially ask for the woman's hand in marriage, he must pay a bride price. It's like paying the parents for taking care of your wife till she was ready.

Abebi means we asked for a girl child
Tomori means we have seen a child again

Male children were very important then so this book is not sexist, just trying to make it as realistic as possible.

Any other thing such as language and tradition would be explained as the book goes.

Please keep an open mind while reading my book, no hating please, only constructive criticism.

This is my first attempt at historical fiction so I'm going to try my best to make it amazing!

So just scroll down to join Abebi and Tomori in their adventure through history as they fight for their love.

Advice, suggestions, criticism, they are welcome. Let me know what I'm doing wrong or right.

Don't forget to:

Vote - You! Don't leave here without pressing that star button 😉

Comment - Let me know what you think. I'm a writer in training.

Follow - i'll follow back. I promise

Share - tell your friends and tell them to tell their friends.

Keep on being amazing my loyal subjects 👸

- Olori Timi