CHAPTER 3 : Part 3

He is our little brother, he said. We should find him, he said. It's been two years, he said. Maybe, we should stop, he said. Maybe we're wrong. 

Maybe, he's already dead. 

He fucking said that! 

Jason Todd was not known as a good person, not compared to Dick Grayson. So, no. He's not. He grew up on the streets and he even freaking tried to steel Batman's tire so he's not. But hell, he was not heartless. 

They had decide to find Damian two years ago. Two years. No progress whatsoever but should they gave up just cause they found nothing? No. That was Jason's answer. Unfortunately, he's on the minority side with only Cassandra standing by him. 

He was shaking so hard, he lost control. Why should they stop? Isn't Damian's a family too? 

So, he punched Dick. 

For suggesting to quick. To stop. To forget. 

He kicked Tim. 

For agreeing. For assuming that he, Damian had died. 

He even pushed Steph. 

For being there. On the other side. 

He fucking hate everything, everyone. But he forgot Cass.

She's there, by his side. 

She stayed. Together, they didn't stop. They couldn't. Because out of everyone in this massive family of people who's been suffering and hurting, they're the only exception.

They had hurt. 

They inflicted hurt on others. 

They'd sin. They'd killed. 

Their stories and Damian's were written in the same format, with the same pitch black ink on the old crumpling papers. An old tales of fighting, losing and hoping to win. To survive and escaped. So how could they gave up. 

Jason still remembered the day they told the girls about Damian. Barbara looked hurt and she immediately joined the group. She will do everything she could to help, she said. Stephanie cried that day. She cursed both Talia and Bruce and no one was surprised when she asked when they're going to start searching for Damian. But Cass.... 

Cass didn't said anything. She didn't cried. She didn't looked hurt either. She's just standing there. Nodded once when they asked whether she wanted to be part the mission or not. 

The next morning, Jason woke up with a person lying on top of him. His first instinct was to attack but the muffled sounds of someone blowing their nose stopped him. His second thought was, who the fuck blow their nose on someone else's shirt. The person shifted and Jason was met face to face with a crying Cass. They both didn't said any word. The silence last for a few seconds. Jason would never know how to explain if someone will ever asked him, how did he understood what Cass was thinking. He brought his hand and rest them on Cass's back, his poor attempted at a hug. They stayed in the silence for a few minutes before he heard Cass's voice. 

Find him. For me. 

She said. 

He didn't said anything, just hug her a little tighter. 

But deep down his heart. He swore that he will never stop. He'll find that boy. He'll find his little brother. He'll find Damian. He'll save him. So he could save himself and his sister in return.

But when Dick Grayson wanted to stop. He froze. 

What the fuck

His mind echoed the same sentence over and over.  

Then, he lost control and he stayed away. 

He took a few months to cool off his anger but he came back. He never mentioned Damian ever again but everyone knew he didn't stop. He and Cass. 

He patrol as usual. Sometimes with Steph and more often than not with Tim.

Sometimes, he helped Dick watch over Bludhaven. Usually when Dick got a mission with Batman and the League. 

So one day when he was wondering on the brighter side of the city, the outskirt of Bludhaven where there were less criminal and more shops with tasty treats. He thanked Cass more than he ever feel the need to thank Talia for bringing him back to life. 

He was glad that he never stop. He was glad that he, at last... not blind. 

He found Damian.