Part Seven

"Detention is over. We can go now." The blonde said. Everyone else had left already. Leo gathered his things and left with Calvin.
"Do you have your phone?" He asked the blonde. Calvin nodded, and pulled it out of his pocket to prove it.
"It's 3:15. Mom should be home around 6. Would you like to come over, 'really attractive project partner'?" Calvin offered. He figured since he's gay now he may as well try to learn about his new culture. Maybe they could watch some RuPaul's Drag Race or something together. Maybe TV coverage of a pride parade? Leo nodded, and took Calvin's hand.
"Sounds fantastic."
When Calvin walked into his house, there were three things he didn't expect; 1, Zac Efron, 2, his mother, and 3, his father. Two out of three were present. Here's a hint. It's not the famous one.
Calvin immediately dropped Leo's hand. He really had to be more careful about whose hand he held. His mother walked over to him, today wearing a black pantsuit.
"Mom, I didn't know you'd be home so, uh, early." Calvin said, avoiding his mother's gaze.
"Well, once you got in trouble, I figured I'd be here to talk about it. Right after your detention. Who's your little friend?" She said the last part while scanning Leo with her eyes, presumably looking for a hint of homosexuality. Fortunately, the redhead had left his glittery, rainbow suspenders at home.
"Mom, dad, this is Leo. The one that slept over last night." He motioned to his friend.
"Hi." Leo said awkwardly, trying to force a smile. It looked more creepy than anything.
"So, son, your principal called your mother because you apparently were 'passionately kissing' another student at lunch?" Calvin's father stood up too, walking to stand beside his mother. Calvin nodded.
"And who might that girl be?" Mrs. Lionheart asked. At this point, even Leo was scared. Coming out wasn't easy for anyone. Especially when just an hour ago they realized they weren't straight.
"Mom, it wasn't a.. i-it wasn't a girl." Calvin choked, nearly crying. His parents both looked shocked.
"Not a.. girl? Does that mean you're..?" Mr. Lionheart asked, and Calvin nodded tearfully. Everyone was silent for a moment, when suddenly Chloe burst into the room.
"What's going on, guys? Oh, look, everybody, it's Calvin and his boyfriend." Chloe obviously didn't understand the serious tone of the room, as she snickered.
"B-boyfriend?" Asked Calvin's mother, turning to Chloe. Chloe nodded.
"They even kissed. At lunch. Whole school saw them." Calvin wanted to murder Chloe. Surprisingly, so did Leo. At that moment, she had gone from annoying to infuriating. Both parents looked almost ill. How could their well mannered, intelligent, and classy son possibly like another boy?
"So that's what the phone call was about.." Mother dearest mumbled. Calvin nodded, then looked down. Leo wanted to say something, but it would surely only make things worst. He decided he'd keep his mouth shut, just this once.
"Well, I guess now is a better time than ever. Mom, dad. I'm gay. And I really like Leo." Calvin stuttered. All of that was fairly obvious now, but saying it officially felt good. Time itself seemed to freeze. No response. Calvin's mother just walked into the kitchen and his father followed. His sister actually showed some form of sympathy for once and silently wished him luck. She must've felt bad about basically forcing her brother to come out. Calvin and Leo just waited there, hand in hand once again. Calvin feared his parent's reaction- they were so called aristocrats, and this wouldn't reflect well on them. Homosexuality had never been discussed. It just wasn't a possibility in Mr. and Mrs. Lionheart's minds. They expect Calvin to go to an expensive college, meet a nice and/or wealthy girl, get married, have many children, and take over the family business. All of those hopes of theirs were being crushed. Calvin suddenly felt as if he couldn't breathe. Tears filled his eyes. Leo squeezed his hand, asking if he was okay, but he wasn't. All at once, it became harder and harder to stand. The boy swooned unsteadily, almost stumbling, until he fell into Leo's arms. Leo didn't know what do. Thankfully, Chloe, who had stuck around, did.
"MOM! DAD! CALVIN FAINTED!" The parents rushed in. Mr. Lionheart picked Calvin up out of Leo's arms, and his mother dabbed his sweat and tear drenched face. Leo started crying too. Chloe did as well. She got some water for her twin brother, and splashed it on his face.
"Chloe!" Her mother gasped, but Chloe knew what she was doing. Calvin began to stir, slowly, and his father put him upright. But he nearly fell again. The redhead caught him once more. Leo held him in his arms and stared into his still blue eyes. Finally, Calvin was able to speak again.
"I'm fine." He said softly, gazing into Leo's light brown eyes. The redhead shook his head.
"No, you're not. You need to rest." Leo shifted his support from Calvin's underarms to wrapping his right arm around his shoulder. Together, they slowly started up the stairs, Calvin wincing in pain only once or twice. Once they reached Calvin's bedroom, Leo laid him down.
"Are you hot, or cold?" Asked the redhead, stroking Calvin's face.
"A little bit of both." The blonde replied quietly. He looked slightly less miserable now that his parents were farther away. Leo turned the fan on and then returned to Calvin's side.
"I'm going to leave, because you need some rest. Anything you want to tell me before I go?" He asked, stroking the blonde's cheeks. Calvin nodded and sat up.