13. Lucky Girl

You expect yourself to be strapped to a bed. You expect yourself to have stitches on your body, to be plugged into machines that keep you alive, and to be drowned in fluorescent light that blinds you and exposes your skin. You expect yourself to be completely submitted to Anti's plan.

But you become aware of the scent of wet dirt inside your nose.

When you open your eyes, you're in a different part of the woods than you remember falling. But the woods changes, so you're not surprised. But you are surprised that Anti hasn't found you. It also may help that you are inside a grouping of red bushes.

"You're a very lucky girl," comes a deep, silk-like voice.

You sit up to see Darkiplier standing before you in the flesh, looking similar to whar he did in the video you watched. Grey suit, dark tie, and we'll kept black hair that partially covers his eye.

Your instincts tell you to get up and run, so with some difficulty, you stand and break for it. Away from him and into the trees.

Dark teleports into black smoke and appears in front of you. You scream and skid to a stop, falling on your butt.

"Why are you running away? Where will you go?"

"Away from you."

"And you have nowhere to go after that. So it might do you best to not run from me and listen to what I have to offer." He speaks in a calm tone, his voice vibrating your insides because of how deep it is. It's so rich you may get lost in his words as he speaks.

"What can you possibly offer me? You want me dead."

"The truth." He starts to circle you. "You see, (y/n), not everything you are told is true. Have you ever doubted anything in your life? Anything he has said to you? Or do you trust him that much?"

He's right. You don't want to answer him. He continues before you can.

"I know his plans. He talks about them everytime we meet! And you have the right to know what they are, especially since it all has to do with you. He is the one keeping the secrets and I want to share them. That is only if you want to hear them."

You don't say anything and stare into his dark eyes.

"If you want to know the full truth, find me again. You know where I'll be..."

"I can't trust you."

"You can't trust him either. He left you alone to die." Something changes in his posture, as of tensing up his shoulders and locking his hands behind his back. Like anger he is trying not to unleash. "If I hadn't stumbled across you, he would have performed the surgury without consent on your limp body!" He takes a breath that releases some tension. "But I have hidden you well. Far from him."

"He would have found me if you hadn't first."

"Correct."

When you look at Dark you feel a sense of security. You feel like you shouldn't be feeling that way, and that it's wring. But something about his offer to help gives you a hope. But you don't know if it's a false hope or not...

"Still don't trust me?" He asks is an amused tone. "Then why do you think I woke you up instead of taking you back to castle once I found you?"

Then he is gone.

And you are there on the ground bewildered. Not at the fact that you saw Dark right in front if you, or that you had an actual conversation with him. You are bewildered because you realized that Dark had woken you up from an episode.

Without Anti's soul to help...

A/N

OMG TWO UPLOADS IN ONE DAY THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

Sorry its so short and poorly written. Its midnight here and im tired. But this was supposed to be a quick chapter.