Chapter 10

Group Chat

Monika: ARE YOU GUYS OK?
Sayori: WE HEARD WHAT HAPPENED, ARE YOU TWO ALRIGHT??
Yuri: Yes we're fine.
Natsuki: I wish I could've done something still..
Yuri: I rather take the beating than see you get hurt even more.. You know that.
Sayori: AWWWW ;v; ❤
Sayori: wait a min o.o
Monika: He hurt you, yuri?
Yuri: Yes.. But don't worry. I am fine.
Monika: You could sue him !!
Sayori: yeah !! >:(
Yuri: He's already going to jail for child abuse..
Sayori: MAKE HIM PAY >:(
Sayori: ... Sorry Natsuki :'>
Natsuki: No it's okay. He deserves it
Monika: I'm glad you two aren't seriously hurt. Do you think you could go to school tomorrow, yuri?
Yuri: It hurts when I walk.. Maybe I'll just take tomorrow off. Besides, I need to finish the posters.
Natsuki: We**
Natsuki: I'm going to stay with Yuri tomorrow
Sayori: FEEL BETTER SOON ❤

Monika: We'll start the club again Tuesday then. Feel better Yuri 💜
Yuri: Thank you.

" I'll do all the work! " Natsuki said getting out of bed and hurried into the kitchen. Yuri sat up painfully sore. She was glad nothing serious happened to Natsuki. And she was also glad, that she stepped up to her father.. All she wanted was too see Natsuki smile again. Before everything in her life fell apart.

" I made you some quick scrambled eggs " Natsuki walked back in holding the small bowl, " Can you open your mouth? "

" Yes.. " Yuri answered with a smile. Natsuki noticed the smile as she sat beside Yuri, " what are you smiling about? "

" Hm? Oh nothing~ "

The day of the Festival

The classroom was looking fabulous, colorful posters everywhere, a large table covered in sweet cookies and cupcakes, and even the stage was decorated. And surprisingly, lots of people came in for the poem reading. All the girls were shocked.

" T-There is.. So many people h-here " Yuri mumbled quietly.

" We can do it guys " Monika encouraged, " I'll go first "

She walked up on the stage, people took their seats and patiently waited for her to speak.

" My name is Monika, President of the Literature Club. I will read to you my poem: The Battle "

She took a deep breath and began to read:

The Battle

Would I win? Or could I lose
The things life may throw

Would I cry? Or could I stand tall
The things emotions might show

Would I hide? Or could I fight back
The things my mind might know

Life is hard, indeed it's true. But I'm strong and I will prove it to you.

Would I win? Can I win? Yes, I'll always win.

The people applaud, Monika bowed her head, " Thank you!~ "